Chapter 1 Undertaker's Sidestory Part 1

Chapter 1

Undertaker’s Sidestory Part 1

My name is Adrian Crevan, I am in a management level in Shinigami dispatching committee. London is my new assignment, the city is nice but I dislike the monarchy especially the queen. While doing my job perfectly I happened to wander in a small village in the country. There I found an angel. My angel.

Our first encounter was typical but amusing in a way…

Feeling tired for collecting souls for the day, I decided to take a nap inside the forest but before I could even close my eyes, I heard a rustling sound nearby… I jerked and looked around finding no one, and then my eyes darted to a tree… a small rather a young girl was on top of it. By the looks of it she is trying to return the nest back which she successfully did. I found the scene rather amusing but not for long, the branch she’s holding into snaps!

“Gyaaaaaah!!!!”

With my impressive reflexes I hurriedly catch her in mid-air; she stared at me with widened eyes. As we hit the ground, I gently put her down.

“W-Who are you? Rather what are you?”

I stayed silent.

“A-Are you the one they called… grim reaper?”

My chartreuse phosphorescence eyes meeting her cerulean doe eyes, I have never seen a human that has pure soul like hers, innocent and caring. She has pale white skin and silky brown hair that reached her waist, which is currently messy and tangled due to the earlier accident.

“Hello?” she waved her hand at me, getting my attention.

“Sorry about that. You’re right I’m a grim reaper, Adrian Crevan at your service.” I curtsy. Instead of running away, the girl started grinning mischievously. My heart started racing.