Chapter 1

"All right, my picture is finished. What do you guys think?" I asked, holding my paper up so the kids could see.

"It's very pretty, Mommy," Finn replied.

"Thank you, baby. Although, I think your guys' pictures are looking much better than mine." I turned Delilah's paper around, so I could see the drawing better. "Who are these people?" My eyes roamed over her picture of six people standing in front of a house.

"That's you and me and Finn with Daddy and Hope and Auntie Hayley," Delilah replied, pointing to each person on the page. My throat tightened at her words.

Sending her a smile, I turned to Hope, "I love your balloon. Balloons have always been one of my favorite things. Especially at birthday parties." My eyes flickered up to Hayley, who came to a stop in the doorway of Hope's room. "Maybe we'll get some for your next birthday." A large smile made its way onto Hope's face and she nodded her head. Hearing a vehicle approach, I froze, my eyes meeting Hayley's.

"Is that her?" Hope asked, looking over at her mother.

"Let me check. Stay inside," Hayley ordered, glancing over at me. I nodded my head slightly, turning back to the kids.

***

"Do you have to go?" Hope asked as we watched Hayley pull the rear door to the moving truck shut. She had just finished loading the coffins into the back.

"I do. But I'll be back very, very soon," Hayley reassured her. "And I won't be alone." Smiles grew on the faces of all three children as they glanced at each other. "I'll call you every night before bed, okay?" Hayley stepped forward, wrapping her arms around Hope. "In the meantime, you listen to Mary and Momma E. Deal?" Hayley pressed her index and middle fingers to her lips before holding them out to Hope, who copied the action.

"Deal." They pressed their fingers together and Hayley hugged her again.

"You guys stay here. I'll be right back," I muttered to the kids, following Hayley over to the truck. "Be safe and call me if you run into any trouble."

Hayley nodded, "I will."

"We're so close, Hayley," I whispered, feeling tears prick at my eyes. "We almost have our family back."

***

Hearing my phone ring, I rolled over, grabbing it off the bedside table, "hello?"

"Hey, it's me."

"Hayley." I quickly sat up. "What happened? Are you hurt?"

"No, no. I'm fine." She paused for a moment. "I did it, Ellie. We did it."

"They're awake? They're cured?"

"They're all okay," Hayley reassured.

"So that means –," I started.

"It's time to bring him home."

AHHHH!!!! IT"S HERE! THE FIRST CHAPTER OF BOOK 6!!!

What do you guys think of Nik and Ellie having twins?

I really hope you guys enjoy this book. I worked my ass off, I laughed, I cried; I put so much into this after such a stressful month and a half.

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2018.