Chapter 16

My eyes started to droop but I jerked myself awake. Its dawn and the skies were pink. The snake was staring right at me. I couldn't feel my arm anymore. Suddenly I heard a crushing sound. I screamed.

It crushing my arm.
................

I heard a scream from the cabin in front of me, I immediatly took my thermal scope and aimed. I could see a girl sitting in the bed, her back turned towards me, wait..... There's something with her, not someone but something.

Meh. Who cares. I'll kill the girl. I aimed carefully and once I realized I had a clean shot. I fired.

Shit!!! I missed!!! I hit the thing instead. But the girl immediatly jumped off the bed and went under and I couldn't see her anymore.

That girl has good reflexes. I couldn't see her features cause I was looking through a thermal scope. I woke the duo up.

"There's a girl in that cabin." I pointed out.

"Let's finish her" Rachel took her crossbow out.

"We'll attack on all sides so she can't escape."

"Let's do this."
................

I closed my eyes as a spray of blood stained my face. Someone had shot the snake. The body loosened itself from my arm. I could feel the blood pumping in my arm again. But I think I broke a bone. A tiny one. The pain was there but so faint.

I turned around to find a figure, I couldn't see clearly. He went for a second shot, it whizzed past my ear and broke the glass behind me. I got a cut in my ear. I rubbed it between my thumb and index finger.

I immediatly sprang out of the bed and took the closest weapon. I aimed at the right spot. I got up and hid under the window. I got up and randomly started to shoot just to see that there was no one there.

I heard footsteps. I ran and hid under the bed. I held a grenade in my hand.

Just be prepared for the worst.