Chapter 17

I looked at my hologram. 13 people? What the actual heck. Did people come back from the dead? Ok this is getting annoying.

The door creaked open. I tried to slim my body as much as possible so that I can't be seen. I saw footsteps. Six legs, three people.

"Where did she go?" I heard a male voice

"Are you sure you saw someone here?" This one was a girl. She sounds vaguely familiar.

"Yes!!! She was sitting right here, and there was this thing around her"

Snake, I corrected in my mind.

"And I wanted to shoot her but missed."

Thank you for saving and not saving my life.

"Look!!! There's a snake. You shot the snake Josh"

Wait.... Josh? Must be someone with the same name. But still....

"Oh man!!!"

"Ok guys, let's get moving, maybe the girl ran away."

"Ya, Thomas is right."

Ok it them. I got out from the bed "Hey guys, its m......"

Bullets flew everywhere along with some arrows. I immediatly ducked and covered my hand and neck. Then it stopped.

"Cash!?!?!"

"Ya, wasn't expecting this kind of welcome." I said as I got up "Woah!!! What happened to Thomas's hand? And your shoulder, and why are you slouching Rachel?"

"He got shot, I got shot, she broke her back. You.... You don't seem to have any injuries."

"I did, had lots of worse shit. Then it just healed." I'm still trying to process how that happened.

"So none of us lost anyone? Yes!!!" Thomas pumped his only fist in the air.

I looked down "I lost my dagger."

"That's sad" Rachel said.

"Ok now that we four are still alive. How many more losers are we up against?"

"13" I said bluntly.

His smile vanished but it came back in a second "No problem."

"Where's your shirt?" Rachel asked

"Had to wrap it around my blistered leg." She looked at my leg and was not believing me. I wouldn't believe it myself. It just looks as though nothing happened.

"You look tired"

"Thanks to the snake, I've been in that position the whole night. Thanks to you Josh, I'm still alive." Just when I heard the word sleep. I wanted to throw my life and go to bed. I would sell my soul for 10 minutes of sleep right now.

"So, didja miss me?"

"More than you know." Josh said and looked down as he realized that he just said that loud. I saw a smile on Rachel's lips.

"Can I just say..... I'm a big fan of yours." Rachel said

"Ya pleasure's mine. Let's go. Now's not the time." I said as I put my bag and got out of the cabin.