Chapter 21

He crawled back to the body and put his face on his brother's. He gave him a little peck on the cheek.

"We have to move"

"We're taking him." He said firmly.

"What!?!? How?"

"Do you have rope?" I shook my head. He thwn looked at Rachel who held some in her hand.

"I'm gonna tie him to my back." He hoisted the life less body over him and tried to tie it on his back. He couldn't stand the weight and fell down. He tried again and this he went walking backwards and hit Thomas on the trunk of a tree, muttering an apology all the way.

"You know what? Gimme the body."

"Really?"

"Yes"

"Thanks a lot Cash. Means a lot to me."

He tied it firmly on my back. Wow, he's light as a feather. We went to the river and drank some water and moved on. Rachel was consoling Josh the whole time. Every now and then Josh would cry, but then says he has to be strong for Thomas.

"I will win for him. I will win for Thomas and make him proud." He would say with full confidence and would cry again.

Night fell. And the hologram told us 6 people were left. Two died, one of our own. I loosened the rope and carefully placed Thomas on the bed next to me.

"I'm on watch first." Rachel said.

"Sure" I needed that sleep.

I could see Josh just looking out the window. He sat there, still as water. I went and sat next to him.

"Can't sleep?"

"Can't stop thinking about him."

"Cash? Have you lost someone you loved?" He asked softly. Noticing my hesitation, he finally turned to look at me.

"I never lost anyone except Rachel." That was the only thing, if that never happened, Ethan and I would still be friends. Rachel would be alive, but with a baby, which she never liked "I thought it was a mercy, but the more I think of it, the more I regret it."

"You did what you thought was right. Besides, Rachel never accused you."

"But still......"

"Still nothing."

I yawned, "Oh, I'm sorry I forgot you hardly got sleep last night." He said

"Will you be okay?"

"I'm surprised you care. Yes I'll be fine. I bet he has gone somewhere better than this trash anyway."

"I sure do hope."

"Good night."

"Ditto"

I lied down on the bed. That was the most decent conversation I've had in centuries.