6: The Impossible Fight

The next morning, Stinger and Arty continued on their way. However, they were not alone. Agent 7 insisted on coming with them, in case an ambush like yesterday happened again. Nothing had happened so far, so the three were entertaining each other with jokes and stories.
"...And so then I pushed my Splatling into his face and unloaded!" Seven laughed, trying to get the words out.
"Psshhh, that guy must've been so dumb, attacking a Splatling full-on with a Charger!" Stinger snickered.
"Hey, Chargers can do a thing or two!" Arty protested, desperately trying not to smile.
"Not against a fully-revved Splatling, they can't."
"Debatable."
Stinger sighed in mock frustration. "Grow up, you two!"
Just to spite him, Seven pointed at an empty wall. "I call doing graffiti!"
"You can call it, but you won't do it. For that is our property." A monotonous feminine voice said from behind.
In a flash, Stinger had the tip of his Brush pointed towards her, while Arty and Seven were charging up for a full-on attack. A high pitched chuckle came from the same voice, this time from their side. While they were training their weapons towards that side, a slight disturbance in the ink caught Seven's eye.
He quickly unloaded on the spot, but all the pellets stopped before hitting the spot. A figure stepped out of the ink— a Sanitized Octoling. "Oh, that won't work." With a flick of the wrist (A/N Yes, I did just do that), the ink pellets turned to her turquoise color and flew back toward Seven.
Stinger had a strange sense of Deja Vu, before realizing Seven was in the exact same scenario he was in on the rooftop, when he went to the Deepsea Metro. So he called upon the same voice he relied on back then.
He took the tape off the box in his head— squid, he never knew duct tape was so sticky— and asked May.
"May, we need your help!"
...
"I'm sorry I boxed you in, okay? You were getting on my nerves."
...
"MAY, COME ON!"
...
Stinger could only watch as Seven got a taste of his own medicine, and the pellets launched into his gut.
With a cry of pain, he fell to the ground almost covered in fuchsia ink. Arty shot at the Octoling as well, but she merely snapped her fingers, and the stream fell to the ground.
In anger, Stinger charged her, but she only chuckled again and and made a pushing gesture with her hand. Stinger felt like he just slammed into a sideways air trampoline, and rocketed backwards. As he landed, he banged his head, causing him to see double and feel nauseous.
When the nausea subsided and his vision was more or less single, he looked around, trying to find the Octoling. There was no sign of her.
Suddenly her voice, cold as winter, came from next to him. "I would just end you, but the boss has... other things he would like to do with you." There came the chuckle once again.
Then anger washed through him, and something else— power. With a grabbing motion, he sent her flying towards him, and grabbed her neck.
"Wha—," was all she could get out, as she was choking, desperately trying to get his hand off her neck.
"This didn't happen last time." Stinger thought to himself before saying firmly, "You can tell your boss to squid off. You will leave me and my friends alone, and you will tell me who your boss is."
"N-n..."
"Yeeeeesssssssss?"
"Never!" The Octoling said, before melting out of his grasp, and reappearing next to him. This time, though, Stinger was ready, and he slammed his Brush into her. Although the hit didn't splat her, it caused her to stumble— right off the edge, falling into the abyss.
Stinger stood, power, racing through this veins. Then, like a switch, it all shut off, and he blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kind of a short chapter, sorry. I've been playing Splatoon all day, trying and failing to get the Cap of Legend from the Salmon Run pink capsules. UGH. Anyways, DANG, I realized I'm a couple readers away from 100 reads. Thank you all so so much.

Still here? Here's a pic of Inner Agent 3 I touched up with space and stuff: