Chapter 10: Bloodlust

The sun shining directly at me through the window caused me to awaken. I covered my head with a pillow and tried to fall back asleep. Much to my disliking, the pillow was taken off of me.

"Wake up, Lapis," Peridot said. "It's daybreak. Time to get up."

"Peridot..." I swatted at her with my eyes still closed. I felt her grab my hand and kiss it. "Let me sleep..."

Peridot went quiet, so I let myself begin to fall asleep again. Suddenly, something slimy touched my cheek. My eyes shot open, and my hand flew to cover my cheek.

"Ew!" I shouted. I saw the blonde furred wolf sitting next to me, its head tilted. "Oh. Hey, Peridot," I said. "You really wanted my attention, didn't you?"

She smiled crookedly. Even on a wolf, it was a cute smile. I kissed her nose. She licked my face in response.

"Peri!" I shouted, laughing. Peridot nuzzled the side of my face. "Alright, fine. I'm up. Let's go downstairs."

I got off of the bed and walked downstairs with Peridot. Smoky looked up at me from the couch.

"Hey," she said. "Fought off probably five vampires last night. You're welcome."

"Thanks," I responded, sitting next to her. Peridot jumped onto my lap and curled up. I pet her. She closed her eyes and fell asleep. "Aw..."

"She really likes you," Smoky said.

"I know," I replied. "The whole imprint thing."

Smoky nodded.

About half an hour or so later, I began to get hungry, so I tried to push Peridot off of me.

"She's so heavy!" I shouted.

Smoky looked at Peridot. "You have a sleeping wolf on your lap, and she is not getting off of you anytime soon," she said.

"I need to get her off!" I exclaimed.

"Should we try to wake her up?" Pink Opal asked.

"Please do!" I answered.

Smoky pinched Peridot's ear, causing her to wake up and yelp. Peridot growled at Smoky.

"Peridot," I said. "I need to get some food, and I can't get any if you're sleeping on my lap."

She looked up at me and moved next to Smoky. I got up and walked to the kitchen, where I got a bowl of cereal. When I walked back to the couch, Peridot was back in her human form.

"Hey, Laz," she said.

"Hey," I said, sitting next to her.

Peridot kissed my cheek. "So," she began. "Wolf-me woke you up?"

"Yeah. It was kind of disgusting." Peridot rolled her eyes.

"Call that disgusting," Smoky said. "Just wait until-"

Peridot slapped a hand over Smoky's mouth. "Moving on!"

Smoky flashed me a look that seemed to say, "that day is coming."

I blushed.

Peridot barked at Smoky while I processed what she was saying. Peridot may have made strict rules for me and had strict rules set for herself, but she seemed eager to break them sometimes.

Irresponsibility.

More eager than I thought.

"First of all, I already came up with a plan for that!" Peridot yelled at Smoky.