Slow Burn

He knew he was by far one of the most fortunate people there was. He had it all, he had the looks, he had the money and the fame, and a room with everything his heart could desire.

So whenever he was hurting, mourning or just wanted to scream all the words at the tip of his tongue that were burning to come out. Each sad thought that hurt him like a thousand daggers and every single piece of criticism his father gave that made him cry himself to sleep some nights wondering if his own father loved him. He felt selfish.

He felt that every day that, he decided to let something out he was being selfish. For he was born into having everything and some people had nothing, and here he was with tears daring to spill out of his eyes just because of the thoughts constantly in the back of his head;
Does he even love me? Will, she ever come home? Did she leave because of me?

Every day he put up a brave face, for his classmates, the photographers, the instructors, and even his closest friends. Even if he felt like he was slowly deteriorating from the inside out, even if he just wanted to yell and scream until he couldn't any more to ask “Why?”  Why do you do this to me? Why do you want me to forget her? Can't you see I'm hurting, Can't you see that I'm not happy? I'm not happy doing photoshoots three times a week. I'm not happy doing all these activities and not having a single minute to myself. I'm not happy being imprisoned in my own home. Is that so hard for you to understand?

Because I know you're hurting too. I know you miss her, But do you think she would want her own son to forget every memory he ever had of the one person who ever really cared about him. Because I don't think so.

And did he ever say a word to his father? Rarely, because he knew that he wouldn't care.

Until he had had enough. Enough of the sleepless nights lying in bed thinking of things that wounded him. Enough of holding it all in for everyone.

So he took a risk; “Nathalie, can you clear father's schedule, and if you get the chance let him know that it is about time he spoke to his son.” He looked up at her with a feeling of remorse written all over his face. A cry or a plead that said with all his heart and soul “please”

Her eyes met his and she nodded, knowing how bad he was hurting. She looked down at her clipboard then looked back up to look Adrien up and down and simply said: “I'll see what I can do for you, Mr. Agreste.” And with that, she left leaving the boy alone with his thoughts.

Various things crossed his mind such as “What are you even doing you don't even know what you're going to say to him” or things like; “This is stupid.”

But with that, he did his best to push those thoughts away and he decided he wouldn't let this happen to him any longer. He got out of his chair pushed it back in and walked to the door to get some fresh air. Only to be stopped by none other than Gabriel Agreste.

“You wanted to see me, Adrien?” He said coldly looking at his watch indicating he had much better things to do.

“Yes, Peré, I need to tell you something that's been bothering me for I don't even know how long now. I'm hurting even if you don't notice. And I'm not okay, I can't live life like this anymore, having to forget everything about her. Living as your "puppet" or having to put up a perfect facade for everything I do just as a distraction so I can forget her. Because I've had enough of holding it all in and you know the only thing I've ever wanted was to make-make you proud-” At this point, there were tears streaming down his face as he yelled at his father bitterly and with a voice full of resentment.

He had no idea what his father was thinking and was beginning to regret everything he just said, realizing the effect this could have on him; What if he takes me out of school? What if he still won't care?

And then his father, after listening to his sobbing broke the silence. “Adrien, be a man and stop crying and just hold on to photos of her or something, surely that will do. I'm disappointed to see such childish behavior from you. Don't you think I've given you enough freedom?  I just can't believe this” He said with the most expressionless face that was so cold and so vain, he was about to turn on his heel and walk up the stairs only to be stopped by his son's echoing voice;

“HOW CAN I KEEP HOLDING ON FATHER? WHEN EVERY DAY I LET GO OF ANOTHER PIECE OF HER WONDERING IF SHE'S COMING HOME?” His yell echoed in through his home, his vision blurry and his throat stung the tears getting violently faster as he fell to his knees. It was a dead silence, you could hear a pin drop. The only audible noise was his sobbing.

“Well, I'm sorry Adrien, There's nothing I can do.” And with that, he walked leaving his broken-hearted son on the ground.

The only real reason he had never been akumatized before was that disappointment and hurt had come so naturally to him. He was that used to it. But this, Oh this left a scar.

So I could tell you that he talked it out with a friend or his partner even and although that would never cure a hurt like this, it would make it better. But not all stories have happy endings.

Which is why moments later a purple butterfly was seen flying towards the Agreste mansion.

Who would've thought? But his pain was like a burn. A slow, deadly burn.

So, do we have a deal?
Yes, Hawkmoth.

Oo. Angst much? I wrote this chapter all around one quote so the plot may not be the best it could be, But I guess you could say that it was a form of an AU because Gabriel isn't that heartless right? Btw the video didn't really have much to do with the chapter until it did so see it in whatever light you interpret in I'd love to hear your ideas. I hope you liked it and let me know if I should it keep writing angsty stuff in the future. Kay wear your seatbelts, have a nice day and Bai!
Until next time, Chat Nerd 💜
(Btw, Pére means Father. :))