All Hallows Eve Ball

"You're a total chicken if you can't even ask your own boyfriend to the dance."

Adrien teased Alya, with a large grin plastered on his face, but considering the look on the brunette's face, his excitement was slowly fading away. Even though they weren't the ideal two to hang out they still did, after all, they were friends and Adrien had a question on their "Intro to Physics" homework.

But besides that, the major topic that buzzed around in the chilly October air. The annual All Hallows Eve Ball hosted by no other than The Mayor, which this year was sponsored by their school so everyone was given free tickets. But how to ask was the big question. All month there had been elaborate 'Big Asks' from in-class deliveries of black and orange roses with a card saying "Will you go to the ball with me?" To hidden messages, everyone wanted to top each other even though it wasn't a competition.

Speaking of competition, Alya and Adrien always got themselves into little competitions and bets, whether it was a battle of "Who can finish task X, Y or Z first" or the occasional "I bet you can't do this!" The current bet; Getting Alya to ask Nino to the ball instead of the other way around. Now Nino and Alya had already agreed on going together seeing as they are dating. But no one had made a formal ask, which is where their bet came in.

"There's no real purpose of me asking him anyway. But what about you Banana Boy? Don't you still need a date?" She smirked, she knew where she was going with this.

He looked down and began to fidget with the corners of his notebook "Um-Well, I just didn't really want to go with anyone who asked me yet... Or I'm trying to ask someone to go with me, you don't know." He muttered the last part.

Indeed he was trying to ask someone, although he was madly in love with Ladybug, he didn't know anything about her personal life and there was no way he could ask one of the saviors of Paris to be his date especially in civilian form. But he wasn't out of options, he was growing quite fond of Kagami but she didn't go to school with him either, she went to a prep school a couple blocks down and the rule was 'No one can accompany or acquire a student from another school campus' so she was out of the question.

But luckily for him, there was a girl in his school that he liked even if it was as 'Just a friend' Marinette Dupain-Cheng. He could ask her, she and himself were pretty close and she'd understand more than anyone that they'd wouldn't be going as a couple but friends. Right?

"Agreste! Yoo-hoo anybody home?" Alya snapped, moving her hands in front of his face then knocking on his forehead with her fist.

What could he possibly be daydreaming about now, God do I have another Marinette on my hands now!? I can't handle another one!

"Wha- I swear I'm up Ms. Bustier!"-He jerked his head up to have his eyes meet with a facepalming Alya- "Oh, sorry?" He smiled sheepishly. Was he really daydreaming about Marinette? What was that all about?

"Boy- you need to get your priorities straight. But besides that did hear what I think I heard, are you really going to ask someone!? Scoop! Dish. Now." Alya exclaimed, rather loudly, but oh was lady luck on his side today because no one heard.

What was he supposed to say? Yes? No? Undecided? He shook his head back and forth in the effort of clearing his head, then breathed in deeply. "Yeah. I'm going to ask someone, but I might need your help" He chuckled "Know anything important about Ms. Dupain-Cheng?"

~*~

Not one person had asked her to the ball yet, and in all honesty, even though she would never admit it she was sort of jealous, for Pete's sake even Sabrina had a date! Max had asked her earlier that week via an electronic bot that read the pickup line 'Is your name Google? Because you're everything I've been searching for! Will you go to the ball with me?'