Chapter Seven

A/N this is a longer chapter, you don't need to read it, it's just past stuff.

Sora POV

Eight Years Earlier

Sora collapsed onto the lunch table next to his group of friends. And after gentle nudging, which caused ripples of pain through every nerve ending on his body, he sat up, and stretched out, before slouching back into a heap.

"They really run you through the ringer in hero course, huh?"

"I wish I was dead."

"So drop out and join us on general studies."

There was a snigger. "Nah, he likes being Mister-Big-Three too much."

"Then he should stop complaining like a little pussy cat."

"Ha. Ha. Ha. You're an idiot." Sora groaned as he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He was sore and sensitive and every damn movement was a reminder of what hell felt like. He fished it out of his pocket, tilting his head at the display. His mother. She rarely called him at school. Had something happened? What was wrong with just a message? He rolled his eyes to his friends, slipping out from the bench and walking away. "Yo, Mum."

"Where are you?"

"I'm at school, its lunch break."

"Sora," her you're-in-trouble tone. Great. "I need you to get Noroki."

"Sure thing. It's on my way anyway. Just make sure she knows to wait for me." He ran his hand through his hair, his ear twitching. "Last time she started walking home, remember."

"Sora, I need you to go and get Noroki now."

He stopped walking. "It's the middle of the day."

"Get your sister, and go to my parents. I'll meet you there."

Her parents. No way in hell. Everything about the conversation was off. Her tone, the request. "Is something going on?"

"Yes."

"Mum—"

"You get Noroki, and you go and wait for me."

He nodded, walking out the doors towards the gates. "Okay."

"Whatever happens, don't stop, Sora. Don't talk to anyone. Don't engage. Just get Noroki and stay safe."

Don't engage. Stay safe.

"Promise me, Sora. You have to promise me."

His voice caught in his throat. His world was a single moment away from falling apart. "I promise, Mum. I'll protect Noroki with my life, you know that."

"I don't want you to protect her, Sora. I want you to run. The pair of you. Just run. Don't fight. Please don't fight, just take her and go."

He swallowed. "I promise."

There was a shaky breath on the other end of the line. "I'll see you at my parents."

She didn't give him a chance to reply, cutting the call off. His body screamed at him to rest, but his mind wouldn't let him stop. Noroki. He needed to get to Noroki.

Sora stumbled out of the gates. He'd be quicker and far more discrete if he could change form, but his body was far to tired so he ran down the street, taking the path he knew by heart, back to the train station.

At least that was his intent. Sora's ears twitched and he slid to a stop. Someone was ahead of him using a quirk. Crackling. It sounded like fire igniting. He jumped back, landing on a tree branch, the nails on his hands extending as they dug into the wood, his tail wrapping around the branch. Fire.