Chapter 20

Elsie's POV

Jerome and I spent the entire day in bed together. A mixture of napping, making love, occasionally having pillow fights, card games and watching television was our routine.

It was after we were coming down from a particularly romantic session, and I was running my fingers over Jerome's faint chest hair while he stroked my side that I voiced my concerns.

"Jerome, I miss my family...." I looked up at him through my eyelashes, and he sighed tiredly somewhat annoyed.

"I know El, but don't you like it here with me? Don't I take good care of you?" He asked, green eyes searching mine.

"Yes, and you do it really well, but I have to go home, Jerome. I have a life, school. I have to get back to school so I can work on becoming a vet."

"I don't wanna talk about this right now Elsie." Jerome sat up and I followed, pulling the sheets up higher on our waists.

"Well we need to Jerome, and I don't want to argue with you about this." My voice raised slightly and he turned to look at me, the annoyance clearer than ever.

"Well that makes two of us because I don't want to listen to your bitching." I gasped as he stood from the bed, pulling on some boxers and walking to the bathroom.

"Jerome Valeska you come back here right now!" I hissed and he only waved his hand, shutting the door behind him.

Jerome left me alone inside of that bedroom for the remainder of the day.

   My annoyance grew into disappointment when I noticed from the setting sun that it was the evening and he hadn't made any attempt to see me. My feelings were hurt, I wouldn't deny that all.

''What kind of man, makes love to you and then leaves you alone for the rest of the day....'' I whispered, wrapping my arms around myself as I stared out the window.

''Well, definitely not me babydoll.'' Jerome wrapped his arms around me from behind and I felt quite proud of myself for not jumping from the contact.

''Look, I'm sorry for snapping at you, ok?" Jerome turned me around to face him "it's just been so long since we spent time together and I missed my girl." Jerome pushed my curls back and kissed my neck tenderly and I bit my lip to prevent myself from moaning at the contact.

  "You better make it up to me good Valeska." I wrapped my arms around his neck, stroking his soft red hair.

  "Oh I will, you're gonna get to the Wayne charity ball!" Jerome grinned and I furrowed my brows confused.

  Charity ball....?