chapter 1

Marinette was running late again clumsily running down the empty hall trying to get to her class. "you can make it Marinette!" Tikki cheered from her hiding place in Marinette's bag. The clumsy blunette smiled at her Kwami for her encouragement before tripping but before she could face plant, someone caught her by her shoulders. "In a hurry Marinette?" She froze at the slightly chuckling voice for a moment. She had only heard the voice a few times before but she had no doubt who it was. "L-L-Luka! It's you!" She quickly jumped back to stand up straight. "y-you're here! I mean er uh um Hi! What are you doing here?" She gave a nervous smile and blushed, trying not to make a fool out of herself. "I'm on my way to Miss Bustier's class. I have a note from my teacher for her." Luka replied with a gentle smile as he showed her the folded paper. "Really? that's my glass broom!... class room! I'll walk you there! I mean I'll come too! no... I mean I'm going there so um uh... I'll walk with y-you!" Marinette stumbled over her words, feeling like an idiot as her blush increased but Luka just smiled. "sounds good." They walked side by side quietly, she felt awkward as she stole nervous glances at him until he glanced back making her blush and look away. "Are you doing anything after school? I was thinking... we could maybe hang out if you want." He commented, rubbing the back of his neck. "Me? Oh um... sure... sounds like fun!" She gave a light blush and smile making him smile. "great did you catch Jagged's last interview?" He asked obviously trying to change the subject. "Yeah, he's talking about going on tour." They eased into a conversation about Jagged Stone as they continued their walk.

"Looks like we are at your glass broom, as you called it." The electric guitar player replied with a light chuckle only to have her expression go from happy to embarrassed. "ah! Did I really say that...?" "I think it's cute how you stutter and stumble. Don't be so self conscious. Your clumsiness is also kinda cute." He commented with a smile as he touched her shoulders. Her face glowed a bright shade of red as she stared at him with a dumbfounded look. Luka removed his hands and rubbed his neck. "sorry... that was out of line, we should go inside..." he opened the door of the ninth grade literature room and allowed her to walk in first, all eyes fell on them including Adrien's. "You are late as ever Marinette... please take your seat..." Miss. Bustier scolded gently. "yes mademoiselle Bustier..." the clumsy blunette hung her head as she walked to her seat while Chloé and Sabrina whispered and snickered amongst themselves. Marinette looked at Luka with sad eyes. he gave her a small comforting smile in return before walking up to the teacher. "I apologize for interrupting your class but my teacher asked me to deliver this to you mademoiselle." the electric guitar player said as he handed her the note. Miss Bustier took the note and read it carefully before looking at Luka with a smile. "thank you... I will speak to him during free hour." He gave a nod and smiled one last time at Marinette then left. She gave a goofy grin and a small waved as he walked away until Alya stopped her. "girl you have to spill, what were you doing with him?" "I ran into him on my way here... he was coming to Miss Bustier's class so we walked together... that's all." she replied in a whispered hoping the teacher didn't hear her. "What a coincidence..." the blogger teased with a grin. "you give him that goofy smile that you give a certain blonde I know..." "hush Alya! He might hear you!" The clumsy blunette scolded only to have her friend laugh. "don't worry girl he is so clueless... he wouldn't get it if I told him to his face." Marinette gave a sigh. "you are right... he only sees me as a friend... I've totally been friend zoned." She laid her head down on her desk with a mutter. "hey now don't be like that people get out of the friend zone all the time. I'm sure you can too, it just takes time." Alya tried to reassure her with a smile. "you need some fun time after school, what do you say? We could get some ice cream before hitting the books." "I'm actually going to hang out with Luka after school..." Marinette replied in a happy tone. "girl! You have plans with Luka Couffaine?! What a scoop! This is so going on my blog!" Alya smile grew as she stood from her seat in excitement making the whole class look at her and the clumsy blunette sink in her seat to avoid everyone's stare. "Alya please sit down... we are in the middle of class." Miss Bustier scolded gently with her hands on her hips. The blogger adjusted her glasses with a sheepish grin before quickly sitting down. "Sorry mademoiselle!" Miss Bustier quieted her class down before going back to the lesson.