chapter 11

Chapter 11

Marinette was in the front of the bakery working the cash register while her parents worked on a rush order together. The Dupain-Cheng's bakery wasn't overly busy, only having the few regulars coming and going. Marinette was humming as she added fresh croissants to the bread display. She heard the bell ring at the door notifying her that someone entered the bakery.  "Hey Mari! Where is the butcher and candlestick maker?" The clumsy blunette stared dumbfounded at the teen model in front of her. "Adrien..." he laughed awkwardly at his own joke then cleared his throat. "I heard your croissants are the best so I had to come find out for myself." The clueless blonde said with a smile making her smile back at him. "You're in luck then my dad just made some fresh ones, how many do you want?" "Half a dozen." He eyed the flaky bread then looked back at Marinette. She felt his stare and met his gaze. His eyes were bright and his smile friendly, which seemed normal but she couldn't help but feel like something was off. "Um... is everything okay?" "Yeah of course! Today is a great day!" Adrien replied. "Why do you ask?" "No reason... you have just been acting odd lately so I'm just making sure you are okay... can't have the famous Adrien Agreste getting Akumatized." He laughed at her tone. "Yeah... I don't know what was wrong with me but I'm much better now, promise." The clumsy blunette girl gave a nod and handed him his bag of
croissants. He handed her a large bill but before she could give him his change Adrien began to walk out. "Keep the rest as a tip, service here is great! See you at school!" He gave a wave before leaving a rather stunned Marinette behind. "That was weird..." she muttered after a few minutes. "I'll say... he was totally flirting with you and doing a pour job at it... what's with him all of a sudden?" Tikki commented as she peeked from Marinette's bag. "F-flirting?? Flirting with me? No way Tikki..." the clumsy blunette said with a small blush and a bit of laughter before getting back to work. Marinette continued to work humming an upbeat tone until Luka walked into the bakery. "Sweet melody..." "Luka!" She greeted him happily with a smile and hug. "Happy to see you too. Are you free?" "Well..." "Of course!" Sabine called with a smile making Marinette smile gratefully at her mother. "Yes, just let me go freshen up then we can go." "Cool, I'll wait here... maybe buy some Beignets while you're gone." The electric guitar player said before looking at the displayed of desserts.

Adrien happily ate his croissants, muttering how tasty they were while his driver took him home. Plagg watched with slight disgust at his choice in food. "I don't know how you hate on my cheese when you eat gross flaky buttery bread like that... disgusting..." the clueless blonde gave a laugh. "You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like but for the record I much rather smell like bread then cheese." The black Kwami shook his head. "You have terrible taste but I'm kind of glad to see you in a better mood." "I am. The stuff between Lone Wolf and Cat Noir were just a misunderstanding so things between us are cool again." "You got pretty stupid when you were jealous of him and especially when he saved Marinette. It's not like he has a chance with her. She's with that Luka guy." Plagg commented as he ate his cheese. "Yeah... she is with Luka..." Adrien said as he stared at his croissant with a slightly sad expression but Plagg was too engrossed in his cheese to notice.

Luka took Marinette to the park where they listen to a few musical street performances until she tugged his hand. "Come on" he smiled and followed her lead not even bothering to ask where she was taking him. Marinette led him to a shade tree and sat down. "They play really well but... I much rather hear my rock star play me something instead. Well that is... if you don't mind..." he took his guitar off his back and took a seat next to her. "Of course... anything for my muse." She blushed at the nickname he gave her, that she loved so much before he began to play. Marinette was drawn into the sounds of his guitar unaware of the small crowd that gathered to listen but the electric guitar player didn't mind and even smiled when he finished at his small audience. They gave a round of applause in return before leaving while the clumsy blunette girl next to him gave a happy sigh. Luka looked at her warmly sensing her happiness. "Next weekend, do you think your parents would let you go to Lieu De La Musique Douce?" "Lieu De La Musique Douce?" She asked. "It's a live music venue my mom got tickets." "Oh that sounds cool! Sure I'd love to go!" Marinette said with a smile as she leaned her head on his shoulder. "Great. It's going to be Saturday. It's a long drive and the bands can drag on so we'll probably be getting you back home kind of late." "I can't wait!" They shared a smile before looking out in the distance of the park, enjoying the moment of Paris being at peace.