36. WHY HIM?

Now Playing: Royal Blood, Lights Out

SOMETHING FELT WRONG. Grace found Izzy walking away from Alec frowning and she approached her "Izzy" she called and she turned to the blonde "Have you seen Jordan? We were supposed to train" Grace said and Izzy shook her head "I'm looking for Max actually if we find the one, we'll find the other. They are together all the time," she said. Grace nodded following her.

Room Corridors

"MAX WHERE ARE YOU?" started Izzy "If you're on a mission alone or with Jordan, I'm gonna whip your-" Izzy paused when we saw a drop of blood on the floor and more of them in the process leading in a room. Izzy put her phone down and the two looked at each other with fear.

Following the trail, they entered Izzy's bedroom and found the two on the ground. Max had blood running down his nose and Jordan had blood coming out of his head "Oh God" Izzy said as they ran to their brothers.

"Max, Max can you hear me, Someone get a medic," Izzy said and Grace placed her shaky fingers on Jordan's wrist "Grace can you lift Jordan up?" Izzy asked "Grace?" she yelled but the blonde just stood motionless holding her brother's wrist "He doesn't have a pulse" she whispered and looked at Izzy whose eyes widened even more as a stray tear ran down her face.

"Someone, get help, please!!!" Izzy yelled as Gracesobbed and fell on her little brother's chest crying, her fists holding his shirt "Jordan wake the fuck up it's not the time for games!!" Grace yelled and shook him crying.

"Grace he'll be okay, they both will," Izzy said sobbing as people entered the room.

Infirmary, Later

ALEC, CHRIS, AND CLARY ENTERED. Alec going to his brother as well as Chris while Clary looked at the both of them "What..?" Chris asked as Grace sobbed "He is barely breathing Chris" she spoke and he shook his head "He'll be okay" he said kissing Grace's head as they sat next to him.

"What happened?" he asked "I don't know, we entered Izzy's room and there they were injured" Grace cried and Clary came over to hug the twins, tears rolling down her face. Suddenly a beeping noise was heard from Jordan's machines that were attached to him.

"What's going on?" Clary was the first to ask "We're losing him," one of them said "What?" Grace yelled and grabbed Jordan's arm "Please stay strong it's going to be okay, please Jordan" she cried as her eyes turned gold and her iratze lit up without helping the boy who lay before her. The doctor's eyes widened and everyone momentarily stopped to see what Grace was doing.

Even Chris stepped in and grabbed Grace, hoping to help. The doctors tried to shock him, to make his heartbeat again. But suddenly stopped and so did the crying. Grace broke free from Chris' hold "What are you doing? Help him" she yelled and Chris sobbed next to Grace along with Izzy and Clary while Alec just stood shocked.

"There's nothing we can do... He's gone" the doctor said and at that moment the twins fell to their knees, as they started crying again. The doctors detached the machines from Jordan as Grace used the bed to stand and pulled the body close to her kissing his forehead.

"N-No, please no" she spoke and Chris hugged her from behind crying as he pulled the two down to the ground. He held the two siblings of his close, sobbing at the loss of a pure soul that they'd tried to protect all those years.

Jace and Sebastian entered the room first looking at Max but the cries of the twins and Clary making them turn to look. Jace gasped and came over to his siblings looking at Grace's figure which was shaking and then Chris who was still in a state of shock.

He pulled them in for a hug and Grace started sobbing even more in the arms of her brothers. She soon stopped sobbing and the two released her to look at her as well as the rest of the shadowhunters. Chris knew his sister well and knew very well what she was thinking of. Her face had turned emotionless and her fists clenched.

"When I found out who did this... They'll hope they were never born" she breathed every word her voice croaky from crying. Sebastian's face paled for a moment and she took the moment of silence to ran out of the room.

"I've got this" Jace said.

Grace's Room

Grace cried entering her room and sat on her bed looking down, tears covering the floor. Tears of anger, pain, and failure. Anger towards the person who hurt Jordan. Pain for losing him and failure because she couldn't protect him.

She looked down thinking of my dad 'Who will tell him? Or who told him?' she thought and continued crying when her door opened and Jace entered the room. The moment she saw him more tears ran down her face and she sighed when he pulled her in a hug.

He sat on the bed and pulled her legs on his lap still hugging her. He kissed her temple and patted her hair as she sobbed "Don't worry" he began "Whoever did this to Jordan and Max will pay and you will be there to see it" he promised and she sniffled in his chest as he kissed her head again.

"Get some sleep," he said and laid her on the bed "It'll help you out," he said and Grace nodded frowning before he stood off the bed and kissed her forehead before leaving the room. She closed her eyes and sobs left her lips as she fell deeper into the darkness, the gap in her chest there to be seen as a part of her was gone.

Jordan was gone.

A/N So... I'm sorry for those that didn't want Jordan to die but it was inevitable. I don't know if I've said it before but I want to use a lot of references from the mortal instruments books that are not in the series and Spoiler Alert............ Max dies in the book. Me wanting to create similar feelings to characters... I killed Jordan, but he is loved and will forever be. And yes, there will be a funeral for the boy.