9

Kwan's heart felt as if it skipped a beat as Jamal spoke. "Just follow me." Jamal quickly got in his car before driving off, Kwan directly behind him.

*********************

Lucy exhaled as the hot bubble bath eased the aches in her body. Corey sat in the bedroom as he waited for Lucy to finish up with her bath, until the frantic knocking at the front door caught his attention. He quickly pulled his gun as he headed to the front door. Once he looked through the peephole he shook his head as he put his gun away and opened the door.

"Where is she?!" Pashian exclaimed as she looked around the Brookhaven home.

Corey didn't speak he just pointed to the room and pashian quickly ran upstairs. As Lucy was pulling up her shorts, the door suddenly opened causing her to jump. Pashian screamed as she ran into Lucy's arm, tears falling on her shoulders. The girls tightly held each as Corey watched them. "How did you even know I was here?" Lucy asked as she wiped the tears from pashian's eyes.

"Girl, Satan himself." Pashian smiled referring to Corey.

Lucy chuckled before fixing herself. "Well we're on our way to Miami. But I still haven't seen Kwan yet, so if you see him I need you to tell him I'm alright.. okay?"

"Definitely, I'll see you later." Pashian said before giving Lucy one more tight hug. She'd finally got her best friend back.

****************************

Once Jamal got somewhere far away from Steven he parked his car, Kwan right behind him. Kwan made sure he kept the safety off his .45 just in case this was Steven's scheme to kill him. Kwan hopped out the car as two other black suvs pulled up behind him. His shooters surrounded the two and Jamal completely understood.

"Lucy, I found her this morning passed out a few miles out from your brother's house..." as Jamal told kwan the whole story Kwan blood boiled. After Jamal told kwan everything he knew Kwan just nodded.

"Get in the car." Kwan said as he pulled out his gun pointing it to Jamal's head.

Once they got back to Jamal's place Weston and his boys walked outside guns already cocked. "Mr. Lu, why exactly do you have my brother at gunpoint." He asked with his gun still pointing at his old boss's husband.

"I just want Lucy, then you and your brother can leave this thing alive.?" Kwan kept his composure as he and Weston had a standoff.

"Look, if I had her, she would've been here. We went back to her old house but no one was there. Then some light skinned nigga came and took her." Weston explained. Kwan nodded before removing his gun from Jamal head, his bodyguards following behind him. He knew exactly who Weston was talking about so he didn't ask anymore questions. He and his boys hopped back into the cars, Kwan had more business to settle with his brother.

************************************

The car barely stopped before Kwan hopped out the car. His gun in his hand uncocked, he didn't even bother knocking. He kicked the door right off the hindges causing the maids inside to scream. He pointed his gun to the first person he saw, "Where's Steven?" He asked with a blank expression.

"I..I don't know... master Steven and his security left as soon as his mother and sister left. He didn't say where he was going but he packed lightly." The maid told everything she saw but that didn't stop her from getting a bullet to the head. The other women screamed and frantically took cover trying to escape the fate that their fellow worker had.

Kwan called Steven as he headed to his car. Surprisingly, he answered on the second ring. "By now, I'm aware that, my previous worker told you everything. Once my guy saw Jamal putting her in his car i figured that this game of charades would be over. So if you want to kill me, I expect you to find me. At least, I finally got a taste of that sweet thing between her legs." Steven laughed before hanging up, not giving Kwan a chance to speak.

"FUCK!" Kwan yelled as he threw his phone causing the screen to crack. He took a deep breath as he grabbed the burner cell from under the seat to call the only person who knew exactly where Lucy was.

*******************

Corey stepped into the next room as Lucy and the kids rekindled. He looked at the unknown number before looking at HIS family. He knew exactly who it was that was calling, but maybe if he kept declining the call eventually Kwan would stop calling. But he was wrong. This was his 15th time calling. As bad as he wanted to kick Kwan out of the picture he knew he couldn't. He saw how distraunt Kwan was when Lucy was missing, he swallowed his pride before answering the phone.

"What's good, man?" He asked.

Kwan wasn't in the mood for small talk, he called for one thing and one thing only, "Where's lucy? I have to hear her voice"

Corey sighed, "She's with the kids at the moment.. I think it'd be better for you to see her in person. I'll send you the address. See you then."

Corey hung up the phone before walking back into the living room. With everyone else, "Who was that?" Lucy asked as she held CJ in her arms warmly.

"It was no one.. just business."

2 Hours Later...

Lucy sat in the car, blindfolded as she waited for Corey to open her door. Once she heard the door open she sucked her teeth, "Corey where the hell we at? I'd rather be home." Lucy sighed.

"Damn, Just wait and see impatient ass." Corey chuckled as he unlocked the door. "Now you can take off the blindfold."

Lucy was just about to complain as she took off the blindfold and was in total awe. Red, pink and yellow roses filled their old Miami home. In the middle of the front room sat a huge white teddy bear iced with a diamond necklace. "This is so sweet Corey... but I can't accept any of this." Lucy said as she continued to admire the gifts.

"This isn't from me." Corey said. Lucy looked at him with confusion. He motioned her to turn around, and as she turned around her heart dropped to her feet. Standing next to the teddy bear stood Kwan, Lucy wanted to run into his arms but her feet wouldn't allow her to move.

"I missed you so much, Beautiful." Kwan smiled as his eyes got glossy. Finally she began to get the courage to move. Lucy practically leaped into Kwans arms causing him to stumble a little. No words were said, just tears of joy from the both of them as Kwan held her so tight that she was barely able go breath, but at that point she didn't mind. Kwan broke the hug, leaving kisses all over her body.
Once he got to her stomach, he looked back up to her. She bit the inside of her cheek trying to hold the tears back, she wanted to explain what happen but, "I'm sorry." Was all that she could say. Kwan's heart broke into a million pieces. He felt bad that he wasn't able to hold Lucy when she lost their children. He held Lucy once more. Kwan embraced his wife once more before getting up, "I need to speak to Corey alone for a moment" He said. Lucy raised her eyebrows a look of concern washed her face. Kwan kissed her forehead letting her know that everything was okay. Lucy agreed before walking upstairs leaving the men to talk alone.