11

Steven sat in his small home in downtown Tokyo. He watched as the naked women packed and stamped his merch. There was a perk to having the entire Tokyo police force on his payroll. Steven was always cautious, but now that he was wanted dead or alive it made him even more paranoid. Since he knew one of his guys snitched on him about Lucy he had no choice but to fire all his boys except his closer circle and even they didn't know his exact whereabouts. Steven had his close circle working at an undisclosed spot so kwan couldn't track them down.

He looked down to see his phone ringing,

Mae-Ling is calling

He waited until his phone stopped ringing, as much as he wanted to answer the phone for his sister. He knew that Kwan would be right behind her and he wouldn't been happy. He knew once once Kwan found his location it wouldn't be that long until he killed him. Loyalty was everything to Kwan and Steven broke that loyalty when he kidnapped Lucy and took their children. Steven wasn't the type to run from his problems but since this was family he wanted to give Kwan time to cool off, whether that meant a week or a year. Either way he was going to have to speak to him sooner or later.
______________________________________

Lucy sat in the empty restaurant as she waited for her guest to arrive. She tapped her guiseppi heels on the marble tile as she scrolled through her call log. She'd just got off the phone with Kwan who called her every 3 seconds asking about her whereabouts, of course Lucy lied since she couldn't let kwan or Corey know what she was doing and who she was doing it with. 

   "You should really be aware of your surroundings, I could've came in here and fucked shit up." The man smiled.

Lucy chuckled as she got up to give him a hug. "Trust me, you wouldn't got in here alive if it wasn't for me, So how's business?" She asked with a smile as she sat her phone down.

"Business is going good, it's running real smoothly. I don't know why you won't just come back."

Lucy looked at her phone as it lit up showing her incoming text from Kwan, You okay, baby? Do I need to come pick you up?  "This is why. He's barely letting me leave the house, let alone run a illegitimate business by myself. We just have to keep meeting once a month until further notice." She said as she replied to kwan before he popped up at the restaurant. Weston nodded agreeing to the routine.

"So any updates?" She asked.

Weston shook his head, "Everything is going smoothly. But I'm questioning ole girl.. I think her name is jade?"

Lucy tried to put a name with a face, she remembered. Jade was the out of towner, she mostly sold in Virginia but always came down here once it was time to pay up. "What's up with her? Has she not been paying?" Lucy asked as she took mental notes.

"It's not that she's not paying. It's that her sales and her money isn't adding up. She's brining in more money than product she's being giving." Weston explained.

*Kwan is calling*

Lucy put up her index finger, motioning Weston to hold on. "Hi, baby", Lucy said, Kwan continued to check up on her. It was his 5th time calling, interrupting Lucy and Weston's conference.

"Yes baby, I'm fine, I'm still at dinner with Pashian. I'll call you when I leave the restaurant. I love you baby. Kiss the kids for me." Lucy said as she tried to get off the phone. Kwan returned the love before Lucy hung up, returning to her conversation with Weston.

"So what's the problem? She's the second top seller, isn't that what we want?" Lucy asked.

Weston took a sip of the Chardonnay, "Yeah it is, but if she not selling the product, how she getting that much money?"
Lucy took a moment to think, Weston might of had a point and she didn't want to risk anything, "Fine, check her out see what's going on and get back to me." She said taking the last swallow of wine before getting up with her belongings and leaving the table. Her bodyguards surrounded her with large duffel bags of money as she headed to her car.
Once Lucy got in her car she instructed the driver to take her to cleaning service business that she had to clean her money. "Sorry, Ms. Lucy. Mr. Kwan gave me clear instructions to take you straight home, there's been a problem." The driver said, cranking up the car. Lucy's mind raced, she automatically thought of the kids. She tried to call Kwan but his phone went straight to voicemail, which made her heart skip a beat. She hung up and called Su.
"Yes Mrs. Yu?" Su answered as he drove directed behind her.
"There's been a change of plans, take the supplies straight to the office." Lucy said before hanging up not waiting for a reply. Once the call ended she tried calling kwan again but still no answer. Her nervousness was starting to turn into anger. She sucked her teeth before continued to call again.

   Once she made it back home, she didn't wait for the chauffeur to open the door. She opened it herself and ran towards the door. Bodyguards meeting her at the front door and taking her directly to Kwan's office. She bust open the door, everyone circling a package. "Kwan, what's going on?" She asked, kwan ignored her as he pulled her in for a tight hug. He kissed her lips, then planted one on the permanent scar on her lip. Lucy smiled at his gesture before repeating her question again.

"Nothing is wrong my love. I just wanted to make sure you were safe. I can't take any chances after.." Kwan stopped mid sentence as Steven face taunted him mentally. His face burned a bright red, Lucy quickly tried to bring him back to reality with another kiss.
"It's okay baby, we're back together now. I'm safe.. okay?" Lucy reassured him in a soft tone. Kwan nodded before embracing her, he didn't want to let her go ever again because last time he did he almost lost her. He didn't plan on losing her again and the only way to make sure that didn't happen was to kill his brother. He never imagined in a million years that he'd have to spill his own blood. But he knew it was the only way to make sure his family would be safe from any harm.