LOOK AT ME (10)

Idk y but I love this chapter 💕
__________

I was going to Home Depot.

As soon as I got home from a horrible tiring day at school, I went to my room and began studying. As you must know, I don't really pay that much attention in maths class which is why when I do my homework, I get a tad bit more serious.

I usually enjoy teaching myself how to do things.

My dad called me minutes later after hearing a large crash that must've came from downstairs. When I went to him, I found out he broke a frame and half of the wall pretty much came with it. So my dad is asking me to go to the store around ten at night, to grab a screw driver, some paint and possibly some nails.

Why couldn't he do it himself? I don't know. He likes to say that I'm lazy so that's probably a reason as to why he made me go instead of going himself.

Did I mention I couldn't drive? Yeah I walked all the way here.

And I'm going to have to hold two buckets of paint along with paint brushes in bags. Great. This is my dad's way of telling me I needed to loose weight.

Luckily, everything was close to each other. I live in downtown Harper City and things over here are pretty damn close. The roads were thin, the houses were old fashioned as well as the schools, and it was a small city and a small world.

Home Depot was just around . . . Here.

The later it was, the darker the sky and the colder it became. I tugged my black sweater closer to me and zipped it up. I then proceeded to put my hoodie over my messy curly long hair before speed walking towards the store.

Maybe they had heat in there.

As I began to walk, I passed by an alley where my eyes quickly rinsed over a bunch of hooded figures in a circle. It didn't bother me at first and I didn't think too much about it until I heard a scream and a bunch of noise.

I stopped where I stood and slowly retreated backwards to see what the noise was. It was coming from the alley way.

It's where all the garbage cans and recycling bins were. It was almost hard to see everyone from where I stood.

But I saw enough to know that whatever they were doing, it wasn't anything good. They were kicking and punching, basically stripping another person to death. They didn't stop as they took the person's shoes, clothes, everything and beat their skin up to burns.

What the actual fuck.

I narrowed my eyes at the scene trying to know if I'm seeing right. I flattened my palm and put the edge of it to my forehead, leaning in a bit.

I did see right.

I couldn't see their faces or the person they were beating up, but at the end of the scene the boy was laying on the cold cement floor as the wind blew by.

I balled my fist, angry. Without even thinking, I cupped my mouth and began to scream, "Hey assholes!"

They're bodies shifted towards me.

What should I do? Call the cops?

I pulled my phone of of my pocket and dialed 911, "I got 911 one the phone!"

They let go of the boy and took his clothes and shoes as they ran towards a van and closed the door before storming off. They took his clothes with them, seriously? That's not cool.

Society fucking pisses me off sometimes. Nothing ever makes sense. What could have this innocent beaten up to death mystery boy ever do to deserve this?