LOOK AT ME (23)

Sorry I deleted these chapters for corrections coz i have something planned for later ;) love y'all
_____________________

The next day, I ran to Fatima. I had to because I have way too many questions that need immediate answers. Answers now, no later than right now.

She was with Colton by her locker and I didn't miss it. My bag was hanging behind my back and every time that I jumped, my bag would bounce.

I spotted her, my hand on her shoulder to spin her around "I need to speak with you."

She was in the middle of a conversation with Colton. I knew that cutting in was disrespectful but I needed an answer right now. I hope I'm not crazy. God helped me last night. I prayed to Jesus and nothing happened. I prayed to whoever Budah is and nothing happened. But when I prayed to god. . . Allah? Brandon has a seizure.

It's almost feels fake. But I know what I saw last night.

She rose an eyebrow, "Can it Wait?"

I shook my head really fast, indicating that this was urgent. I would skip our first class for this. I needed an answer ASAP. Right now.

"Sure." She nodded, understanding the urgence. She probably didn't expect it to be a question about her religion.

When we were alone, I didn't waste a minute before saying, "Your god is real."

Obviously what I said is weird, but for her she didn't find it weird. I think she found potential in me, that I would start believing. I always believed that god was real I just didn't believe that he worked alone. But now? Something tells me otherwise.

"Allah." I breathed out, "He helped last night."

Ahmed might think I'm crazy even though it's technically his religion that I'm having thoughts about. He probably doesn't believe that god really saved me but I'm telling you he did. He really helped me.

"What're you talking about?" She folded her arms, interest filling her eyes. She was happy for some reason, like she was getting to me.

She really was.

"Yesterday I was getting jumped by a bunch of guys." I explained.

She gasped, but I waved her off letting her know that I'd fill her in later.

"And I was praying that I wouldn't die that night, hoping to be saved by some miracle or something like that." I was breathing heavy. What happened to me yesterday, was a miracle "And then the man who was attacking me had a seizure while the other ones knocked out. Knocked out Fatima! What the hell? Is it a coincidence that I was praying to your god when that happened?"

Her eyes widened, her dust to her mouth. She couldn't believe what was coming from my mouth.

"God is with everyone and he knows everything." Was her response, "Allah will guide those who want to be guided. Do you want to be guided Emerald?"

Do I want to be guided?

"I don't know." I responded, slapping my forehead, "After last night.. I'm starting to have questions."

Fatima lead me back to her locker and pulled out a book from her bag, "Here." She said when she placed the book in my hand, "This is our holy book."

"Your holy book?"

She nodded, "Its like the bible. But or version. And it never changed. You should read it. I'm sure it'll respond to your questions."

"Why can't you answer my questions?"