LOOK AT ME (16)

New chapter for a random day :)

_________

He laid on the floor, restless with a black eye and a huge cut across his chest. His face was pretty beaten up. Nothing makes sense, I don't understand.

Ahmed moved to Harper City just about a month ago I assume. How does he already find trouble here? It's like wherever he goes, trouble finds him. And something tells me he really needs help.

I slumped my entire body in front of him and I felt my body reflex immediately as my hands reached out for his face, "Are you okay?"

I expected him to tense up or maybe even flinch at my touch but he only leaned into my palm on his cheeks. His breathing was heavy and loud I wanted to hug him right now.

He lifted up his hand so he can place it on top of mine.

and the he coughed.

"Why are you here?" He croaked out.

Wow, no thank you?

Well In his defence,  I barely did anything. I just showed up and got myself in trouble.

I brushed his curly rough hair with my hand, pushing my rude remarks at the back of my head, "I was coming back from my friend's house. Thought this place would lead to a cat walk near my neighbourhood."

"I thought you didn't have friends?" He exclaimed.

I don't. Is Fatima considered my friend?

I shrugged, "New friends."

I put my arms under his as I lifted him up. He cooperated pretty well and he could walk. I asked him if he brought his car and he nodded walking us both to his car. I tried not to ask many questions because in order to even be caught up in a situation like this, you must have some weird past problems or some extremely bad energy. I decided to go with the past one because it made the most sense.

As soon as I helped him sit in his seat, I was ready to continue my walk home this time not going through cat walks I don't know if. I walked down the sidewalk until I heard my name being called.

"Emerald!"

I turned around, my hands in my pockets and my hood over my head in the darkness. I must've looked scary.

Ahmed drove up to where I stood on the sidewalk and rolled his window down to see me, "You— um." Pause, "do you maybe. . ."

I know what he was going to ask. He wasn't good at questions I can tell that by now. Since last time he tried to ask me if I wanted a ride.

I nodded, "Yeah." I walked towards his, "Yeah I would love a ride home."

He nodded and smiled at my response because I already knew what he wanted to tell me.

As I reached for the back seat door, he stopped me by locking those doors. And then he used his index finger to point at the seat beside him.

The passenger's seat.

Holy mother of muslim manliness.

He wanted me to sit beside him.

My hand slowly retreated from the door handle that lead the the backseats. I'm sure my mouth was agape, my whole face red. I knew I was blushing but thank god it's the freaking night because he wouldn't be able to figure that out.

I opened the passenger's seat and stepped in the car, the french smell of peaches running through my nose. I got settled in and slammed the door before putting my seat belt on.