Chapter 17

It's been two days since the Skrull's took over the Helicarrier. I haven't found anyone that aren't disguised as Skrulls. I'm really worried. What happened to the Avengers? Nick? Agent Hill? Thomas... What if something bad happened to them. My mind can only think of the worst possibilities.

What if they are dead? No! I can't afford to think like that. I have to have hope. But it's a little bit of hope.

I listened to the Skrull's plans. Good thing they speak English. They haven't taken over Earth, yet. They're still planning too, though. It's in a matter of a few days until they do.

I saw them take hostages. They're keeping them tied in a room, I haven't yet found out. I didn't see any of the Avengers or Thomas, so they are either still on this ship, alive or dead.

I saw the Skrull's alien form. They are green, of course. They have point years like elves and a weird chin. They also wear the same clothing. It's ugly.

I managed to stay away from the Skrulls and hide for two days. Hopefully, forever. I don't exactly have a place where I stay, I have to keep finding places to hide. I've been trying to search the Helicarrier for my teammates and Thomas, but I only searched half of the ship.

And nothing. That means they are on the other half. Hopefully, together. But I still haven't figured out how I'm supposed to know if they are really them. We can't have a secret word because we haven't been together to do that. I guess I can just ask them some questions the Skrulls hopefully won't know the answer to.

Right now, I'm in the bathroom. I peak my head out once in a while to see if there are any Skrulls nearby. They are everywhere. Walking across the hallways looking everywhere to check if there are any fugitives. Luckily, they haven't checked the bathroom.

Just then, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. Oh, crap! I totally forgot about my phone! I took it out and it was a text message from Steve.

Steve: Please answer me, I need to know your okay!

I sighed in relief. Thank god he's okay. I started to text him back but stopped midway. I forgot about my number one rule: Trust no one. Now how am I gonna know if it's really Steve or not. But then I got an idea.

Me: I need to know if your really Steve.

Steve: Alright, call me.

I dialed his number and put the phone to my ear. It rang for about two seconds and then Steve picked up.

"Thank god your okay," Steve said in relief.

"Shhh..." I started peaking out of the bathroom to make sure no Skrulls heard Steve. "You need to lower your voice, the Skrulls might hear you."

"Oh, sorry." Steve said.

"I need to ask you some questions to make sure your really Steve, okay?" I ask him, hoping it's really him.

"Okay. Go ahead."

"Umm...what's my name?"

"Savannah Bricks." He replies.

"Okay, what's my superhero name?"

"Terabyte."

I smile. The Skrulls know nothing about me, that means it's really Steve.

"It's really you, isn't it?"

"Yes." Steve says.

"Why didn't you call me earlier?" I ask, whispering.

"I didn't have a cellphone on me." He says.