Preparation

Gon's POV

When I woke up, the spot that Killua was supposed to be in was empty. I sit up, stretch and wander off downstairs.

"Good morning Gon" I was greeted by my Aunt Mito.

I smile and say it back, walking into the kitchen to get some food.

"Gon." Aunt Mito said while walking up behind me.

"Hmm? What is it?" I answered.

She frowned and face palmed.

"Did you forget what today is?" She said stubbornly."No, It's June 15th" I replied.

"And?" She said.

"Do you wonder why Killua isn't here?" She continued.

"Um. No?" I said truthfully.

"I forced Kurapika and Leorio to take him out. Please tell me you didn't forget he turned 17 today." she pleaded with a small smile.

My eyes widened. It's his birthday! I didn't forget! I know I didn't! We've been living together for nearly two years now!

"No! I didn't forget! I just woke up! My brain still sleeping." I said.

She rolled her eyes and gave me some money.

"I know what you need to get him. I know its early but, you want to marry him right?" I blushed as she spoke.

"Euh! Um.. Yes of course but... What if he says no... I mean we are both just 17..." i said looking down.

She slapped the back of my head, causing me to whine in pain.

Ow...What was that for?" I cried.

"I know for a FACT he will say yes. That way you have a year to plan the wedding. I want you guys to be happy... I just ave you money that I have been saving up for about three years maybe. There should be at least a good $3000 in there so spend it wisely on a ring okay?"

My eyes widened from her explanation, and tears started flowing down my cheeks.

"Aunt Mito....T-Thank you.." I cried out and gave her a big hug.

She nodded and stroked my hair as she held me in her embrace."Your so very welcome. Now go so you don't get caught by him." I nod and get some clothes and shoes on, putting the money in my pocket and exited the house.

As I was walking I was thinking.

Aunt Mito said she had been saving the money up...Was she saving it for something else or did she know we were going to get together?

I shook the feeling off and walked to a jeweler store. Walking in and walked up to all the glass cases filled with rings, necklaces, and bracelets. 

as I was looking a young female came over and gave me a warm smile.

"Is there anything I can help you with sir?" 

I look over at her and nod.

"Um Yeah, I need an engagement ring that is under $3000."

She smiles happily and leads me to a glass case full of beautiful rings that were all mostly under the limit I gave.

When I seen one I liked I asked her for it and she happily gave it to me. First asking what ring size of course.

It was a good $2876 and I was happy at the price. If only I had more money... I could have bought  him an even more beautiful ring... I was satisfied with the ring I bought him though.. I need to pay Aunt Mito back. I can't live on without paying her back.

I chuckled a little at the though and started on my way home.

When I got home. I was greeted by Aunt Mito.

"What ring did you get him?"

I smiled and took the boxed ring out of the bag, opening the ring box to show her a ring with beautiful diamond in it.

"Oh Gon it's lovely, he'll love it." She said happily.

I smiled at her approval and put the ring in my pocket to prepare for later.

Aunt Mito said that if all goes well, they wouldn't be back for another few hours so I took out my phone and dialed a number, waiting for a response.

"Hello?" 

I heard on the other line.

"Retz! I need you to come over and help me decorate for Killua's party!"

I could hear discomfort on the other line.

"Um I guess I can... Only for you though Gon. "

I smile and nod.

"Ok Thanks!! I know you and Killua aren't really the best of friends, but maybe it will change when you guys talk again, you haven't talked for a while."

We both hang up and I get out decorations that I have been saving from either previous birthday's I've had or just some stuff I've bought for this moment.

A few minutes or so passed before I hear a knock at the door.

I quickly go to the door, open it, and greet Retz.

"Hurry! Hurry! We don't have very much time!" I said with a big smile.

Retz nodded and went inside, and we both started with the decorations.

By an hour we had most of the house decorated with balloons, streamers, and the Cocorobos 

everywhere. This was gonna be a great birthday.

after an extra half an hour Aunt Mito went to go get the cake we ordered two days prior to his birthday. Of course it was in the shape of his favorite chocolate snack.

By the time we got the house decorated. I get a text from Kurapika.

"Hey, we're almost there. Leorio and I got Killua a few presents up in the room you let us sleep in. could you put them with the rest?"

I smiled softly and replied a "Yes" to him and went into the spare room, grabbing the presents. 

I walked back downstairs and placed them on the table with the other presents and just as I did that, Aunt Mito walked in with the cake.

"Welcome back Mito-San!" I said happily.

She gave me a heartwarming smile and sat the cake down on the counter top. Soon after that she pulled out a candle with the number 17 and placed it beside the cake, along with a lighter.

"You did such a wonderful job you two" She said in a mother-like tone.

We both smile and say "Thanks!" And we put the finishing touches for the decorations.

We both give each other high fives before we hear the door creak open.

Leorio and Kurapika both run inside and close the door.

"We ran so we could surprise him. We just told him to meet us back at the house, so he thinks we went off to do something else." Leorio huffed out and shut off the lights.

We all hid in different places and waited for Killua to walk in.

This was going to be great.