up in flames

𝓝𝓪𝔂𝓪

"Val is going to get in through a fake fingerprint scan that she managed to make

"Val is going to get in through a fake fingerprint scan that she managed to make. Security is extra tight so once she's in she'll get upstairs and hack the system so it verifies our fingerprints when we enter. Austin and Tony will be circling the crowd, but if you can't spot them they'll both be wearing identical red masks. Amir is going to be acting as one of the bartenders and he'll give you the signal when he slips the pill in Iris's drink. We estimated that she'll be in and out quick so when you see her sneaking out through the kitchen you're going to meet her there and distract her, that's when I'll show up behind her and knock her out. My men will handle the rest." Zayn goes over the plan one last time as we speed down the empty road in his expensive car.

"Okay, I got it." I nod, as the cold breeze sends chills down my neck. I'm so nervous my hands can't stop fidgeting. Zayn notices almost immediately.

"Relax." He says. It's silent for a few seconds until I finally break it.

"Are you seeing Valentina?" I blurt out, my nerves getting the best of me.

"Why do you care?" He scoffs.

"I figured it's my business since she's involved in all of this." I defend.

"I'm not seeing her. She's my ex." He admits, his eyes focused on the road ahead as he grips the steering wheel.

"Great, even better." I mumble to myself.

"What?" He asks.

"I said, she better not fuck this up." I snap, and he glares at me.

"I'll never understand where you get the energy to be such a bitch all the time."

"And I've yet to figure out where you get the nerve to be such a self-centered asshole." I roll my eyes while fixing my lipstick in my small mirror.

Once we get out Zayn walks over to my door but I open it myself and slam it shut. "Watch it." He hisses and examines the door for a dent, the next one will be against his balls if he doesn't be careful. I turn to walk towards the entrance but he grabs my hand roughly and pulls me back so we're really close. He tucks my hair behind my ear and looks deep in my eyes. I think he's going to kiss me but instead, he pulls out a comms device and places it in my ear. He then grabs my hand forcibly and I clench my jaw.

"Now act like you're my date, would you?" He says and I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

We walk up to the large mansion and he pulls me close to him as we near the security check. I hold my breath as we scan our fingerprints and it blinks green. The man lets us pass. We casually enter the party filled with loud music and drinks. It's so packed that I have to grip onto Zayn in order to not get dragged off into a different crowd. I spot some familiar girls that I know work for Iris. They laugh and smile with their dates, and I get a wave of deja vu from watching them play out their acts.