Chapter 19

"Ugh." You moaned as you sat beside Max in the cafeteria. Your shoulders were heavy and your eyes were closed, since 3rd period, and you were relying on your classmates to guide you through the halls so you could get a few seconds of shut eye.

"I don't even mind starving, I just want to fell asleep." You complained, setting your head on his shoulder and breathing in his familiar scent.

"Can your shoulder not be so pointy?!"

Max rolled his eyes, "Remind me why I fell for you again?"

You sighed, leaning further into him, setting your head in the crook of his neck. The tips of his ears turned red, "Never mind, I remember now."

He wrapped an arm around you, "Just sleep, (Y/N)."

You sighed in delight, "I've been waiting for this all day."

Snuggling into soft covers, you sighed softly, curling the duvet around you tighter

"Comfy?"

Your eyes snapped open and you recognized the rock walls of Max's bedroom.

Sitting up, you yawned and rubbed your eyes, "Max, what am I doing in your bed?"

"Sleeping."

"And how exactly did I get here?"

"I carried you."

"And what about class?"

"Called in and said you were sick."

You groaned, flopping back onto the bed and getting comfortable.

"You're such a bad influence on me, Max." You yawned, hugging a pillow, "I'm supposed to be rubbing of on you, not the other way around."

"Hard to feel bad when you sound so happy."

"You have the softest bed ever." You murmured.

"Well, you can sleep in it for as long as you like."

"What time is it anyway?" You murmured quietly, feeling drowsy.

"One."

"You skipped school too?"

"It's one in the night."

You got up so quickly, you and Max's super soft and super good smelling duvet ended up in a pile on the floor. You glanced at his, only now noticing that he was in his pyjamas and his hair gel had worn off by now.

"Why didn't you wake me up?!"

"You looked so cute sleeping."

A dark blush covered your face, "I forgot what I was saying."

Max chuckled, setting down his book and waling over to you. In one swift move, he had you in your cocoon, off the floor and in his arms.

The blush on your face got darker as you noticed his bicep flexing and you covered your face as he pulled the sheets from you and slid next to you.

"Go sleep somewhere else." You mumbled, turning your back to him.

His arms wrapped around your waist and you sighed, relenting and leaning against him.

"Let's just sleep."

Contradictory to his words, you actually didn't sleep much last night, just letting your tired eyes rest when you noticed the sun rising

You had spent the entire night, just talking to him, which you actually haven't done much of. You had learnt so many things about Max and you had shared so many childhood memories, although his was always more interesting as compared to yours.

He hadn't need to hide anything since you already knew about his family's secret, so he hadn't needed to mind want he said as he tiredly murmured to you in the dark.

Another thing you learned about Max was that the gentle whirring of the machines in his bedroom always managed to lull him to sleep. But your inability to fall asleep with noises in the background was one of the reasons you spent the night talking, while you played with his hands (which he absolutely adored).

So, while you were well rested, from sleeping the entire day and sneaking a few hours in the morning, Max was exhausted.

He leaned against you at the breakfast table, Barb and Hank were letting you skip school today since you were leaving in a few hours and you needed to get ready.

You stifled a yawn after Max had, "Stop yawning, they're contagious."

"Sorry." He mumbled and settled into his arms, sneaking in a few minutes of sleep.

A part of you felt guilty that you have kept his up for so long, but a part of you was kind of glad it happened. You were worried that with things coming up, you wouldn't be able to spend any time with Max. Also, you were slightly concerned that since Max and you hadn't really talked before you asked him out, you were worried that once you did get to know him better, you wouldn't like him.

But the talk last night had not only assured your feelings but made them stronger.

He offered you a tired smile as he downed his juice, needing the chill to wake him up. You slipped a few dollars in his hand and smiled, "I take care of my boyfriend."

.

Before leaving for Metroburg, Hank and Barb were taking you to the orphanage to freshen up and pick up your bags. So on the way out of their house, you hugged Phoebe and Max goodbye.

"Don't go anywhere without mom and dad, okay?" Max said and you nodded.

"Don't speak to anyone without a superhero cape."

"Don't go towards alleys and stay in superhero dominated areas."

"Don't make any eye contact with super villains."

"Don't go to any abandoned places."

"Look both ways before crossing the street."

"That doesn't even have anything to do with Superheroes or villains."

Phoebe blushed, "Sorry, I ran out of things to say."

You sighed, "It's not like I'm leaving forever, just relax."

You kissed Max on the cheek who turned smugly to his sister, "She likes me more."

But you quickly wiped the grin off his face when you playfully kissed Phoebe as well.

"Bye guys!"