Chapter 9

As we were having dinner Mr. Cesar, Father, and Chris wouldn't stop taking about business. Also, Chris would not stop looking at me. I tried to ignore him and talk to my sister and brothers wife's. When we were all done with dinner the maids picked up our plates and brought the desserts I had made.

"All this food is delicious, I may need to get the recipe. Says Mrs Rosalie Hernandez"

"Actually my daughter Lilian was the one that helped me prepare all this food and she made all the desserts. Says mom"

"I want to thanks you guys for inviting my family and I. Everything was delicious Mrs Castelo and Lilian. Says Chris"

"I will have to come here often, then. Says Mrs. Rosalie"

"You guys are welcome to come here whenever you guys like. My dads and mom both respond. How about coming in next Friday you guys can also spend the night here."

Chris just looked at me and smiled. I turned another direction and looked at my niece Amy who seemed to enjoy the desserts. I tried everything to ignore the looks and smiles that Chris was giving We all made our way towards the main living room and I stayed back a few minutes, because I didn't want to be in there.

As I was going outside I heard the door close and turns out to be Chris.

"Lilian, why didn't you tell me you are the daughter of Eduardo. Castelo."

"That's none of your business. Now if you could please go back to the main Room with everyone else, I would appreciate it."

"I'm not going anywhere, we need to talk."

"Well I don't need to talk about anything, now leave."

"Aunty, Aunty lets go play" we both turned around and heard my niece Amy running towards Chris and I.

"Hi princess, what's your name ?" Asked Chris and carried her.

"My name is Amy and I have lots of friends. Can we go swings please"

"Of course we can, but we have to ask your aunt to go with us. Can you ask her for me ?"

"Aunty, please go to swings and play with us, pretty please."

"No honey let's just go inside. Your mom and dad are probably looking for you."

I noticed how Chris was great with interacting with my niece, which they both went to the swings we have in our back yard. Raphael was never that good with my niece. She would get scared when he was near her and would start crying.

Soon our family and the Hernandez came outside. I was sitting near Mrs Rosalie, my mother, sister, and my sisters in law.

"Oh Rosalie your son looks so adorable with my granddaughter. Is he not married?My mother asked"

"Yes, he indeed is good with kids, but his ex girlfriend cheated on him a few years ago and I can't get him to date someone else. I have already told him I'm getting old and want him to settle, but he just hasn't found the right woman."

Chris came towards our table with my niece and smiled at all of us and told my sister Miriam.

"Congratulations you have a beautiful and smart daughter."

"Thank you, Chris. My sister responded"

"Momma uncle Chris played with me and said he would play next time."

"Yes honey, that's if he can" Chris I'm sorry my daughter called you uncle."

"No need to apologize, she can call me uncle. If you beautiful ladies excuse me I have to talk to Mr. Castelo and the other men."

Amy sat near me and gave me a note which I knew it was from Chris. I made sure no one saw and hid it under my dress. Amy needed to use the restroom and I took her inside. I took the note that Chris gave my niece and it said "Necklace". I was confused and threw it away. Amy was done and we both went back outside.

Minutes later the Men came back and sat in the table we were sitting at.

"Mr. Castelo, I want to thank you guys again for having us here and thank you Mrs Castelo everything it was delicious. We have to get going." Chris said

Mr. Cesar and Mrs. Rosalie also thanked us and made there way out. Chris was taken in my dads office and excused him self. I was deciding whether to stay or leave, but my mother asked if I stay here. All my brothers and sister left with their spouses. My mom and I were in the living room when Father and Chris came out laughing.

"Lilian, honey could you please come here. Father asked"

"Yes father"

"Tomorrow Chris is going to be in the office signing some documents and going over some arrangements with the company next door. Could you help him with that and take him in to the company that needs to be remodeled."

"Of course, I can father."

Chris just smiled and said "well, I have to leave now thanks again for everything and I will see you tomorrow."

"Lilian, can you follow Chris to the door my phone is ringing."

"Yes, I can father"

Chris looked at me and followed me outside. As we were outside he said "did you get the note Amy gave you?"

"Yes I did, and I don't want you doing that with me niece she's a little girl who doesn't need to be transferring your messages"

"Well, you left this at my house and I just wanted to return it"

"Oh my god my necklace! I have been looking for it everywhere. Thank you!"

Chris moved behind me and moved my hair to my side and put my necklace on. He kissed my neck and said "your welcome"

I turned around and he kissed my cheek and left.