26.

(a/n: fanfic recommendation in author's note please read ily)

Sutton

When are we landing? 

I have no idea. 

Why don't you have an idea?

Because I don't.

Your answer sucks.

You suck.

Meanie.

Oh really now Sutton?

I scoff before replying, "Yes really." Zayn and I have been writing back and forth on my notebook I pulled out from my bag at the beginning of our flight since we're going back to London and I thought it would be a good idea if we could play tic-tac-toe at first, but then this conversation ended up happening when he started to complain about me winning. I can't help it that I'm so good at that game Zayn. I started to draw 3 lines down and 3 lines across to start a new game. 

Care for a rematch?

You're on, but if you win again Sutton I'm never playing again. 

I let out a small laugh and put down an right in the middle. Zayn places an on the right of my x. Zayn and I kept putting our marks on to the paper, and just when I was about to block his I put it some where else so that he would win. 

"Ha! I won!" Zayn says louder than usual but he doesn't seem to mind since we're the only ones awake right now on the plane. I have to fight the urge to draw on one of the boys' faces right now.

"I let you win." I say with a smirk on my face but he just sticks his tongue at me. 

"Sure you did." He replies back. Yeah, I really did Zayn. 

 "Rematch?" Zayn asks and I shake my head.

"We both know that I'll just win." I fire back and he just lets out a chuckle before muttering a whatever.

"Are you just going to go back to your flat when we land?" I ask and he nods his head. 

"And what are you going to do?" Zayn asks while he hands me my notebook and pen back. I quickly shove it in my bag before settling back in my seat.

"When we land it's going to be the afternoon if I'm right, I'm probably just going to rest. Maybe I'll see if Ali or Emma want to come over since I haven't seen them in forever." I answer. Hopefully that since the boys and I are closer now and that they're on break we'll see each other often.

"What did you think of the tour? Worth spending most of your summer?" Zayn asks and I chuckle at his question. He should already know the answer.

"Of course it was worth it. I got closer to you and the boys, but especially you," I say poking him in the stomach before continuing, "plus I got to go all over America. It was honestly a great tour." 

"That's good to hear. I'm really happy you didn't give up on me." Zayn says drapping his arm around me and I chuckle at him once again. Even though we've said those words before, I'm still happy to hear those words come out of his mouth every time.

"I'm happy I didn't either." I say looking at my best friend who just smiles warmly at me. A couple of months ago I didn't even see that genuine smile, and now I get to see it. 

"What are you staring at?" Zayn asks with confusion written on his face. I chuckle at his facial expression before answering, "Nothing, I just really like your smile."