23.

Harry

"Do you think Zayn is going to talk to us soon?" Niall asks all of us as the six of us are seated in the living room. I know it's not right to talk about Zayn and Sutton while they're sleeping but hey, it's not like we're talking bad about them. We all love them. 

"I hope so Niall." Liam answers as he let out a sigh, we all miss him so much. 

"I find it funny how they try and hide the fact that they're always talking to each other, we all know." I say and chuckle at the fact that Zayn and Sutton are hiding their friendship. I have to admit I was a little upset that Zayn talked to Sutton but when Louis told me that Sutton promised to bring the old Zayn back it just made me feel a whole lot better. Niall and I practically had to corner Louis to get him to talk, it was all out of love though.

"I know, they make it pretty obvious!" Niall says letting out a chuckle.

"I think it's kind of cute that they have this secret friendship." Eleanor says and Danielle nods her head in agreement. 

"Do you think they like each other?" Danielle asks and I think about it. It's been almost a year since the accident. I'm not sure if Zayn is fully over it since he has been distant towards everyone besides Sutton. 

"I don't know if he's over Michelle or not.." Liam trails off and we all nod in response. Michelle had Zayn wrapped around her finger, but to this day it makes me mad that she cheated on Zayn. Another part of me feels empathy because of what happened to her. 

We're all still waiting for the day when Zayn decides to open up again to us. For almost a year now the boys and I have felt this missing piece into everything, and that piece is Zayn. I just really miss him, he's one of my best friends, he's like a brother to me and it really sucks to see him like this. But lately I've been getting a whole lot happier than I was before ever since Sutton joined; she's helped a lot and I have this feeling in my gut that Zayn will slowly find his way back to us soon.

*Flashback to 6th months ago*

"How are you doing mate?" I ask Zayn looking up at him with hopeful eyes but all I get is nothing.

Silence. Silence is all the boys and I have been getting these last few months and it's still taking awhile to get used to. 

I look at Zayn as he fumbles with his fingers and listens to music while looking down at his lap. I know all he wants to do is go back to his flat and get some rest since the only reason why he's here right now is because he's forced to be. 

I can't take the silence anymore. I burrt my face in my hands and let out a sigh. I miss Zayn, I miss going to him for advice, I miss hearing his laugh whenever Louis would crack a joke, or at least try to. I miss him hanging out with the boys especially when we would all just hang out with each other when we have a day off. I miss him being my friend. I don't know how long I can take the thought of him feeling so numb and oblivious towards the world, this isn't Zayn. 

"I'm going to go get something to drink." I excuse myself quietly letting him know where I was going. I didn't want to just leave unexpectedly without a reason because it would seem like I don't care about him, when in the end all I do is care about him since he's my best friend. 

I close the door after me and make my way down the long hallway that leads to the cafe area of the recording studio. Once I enter I could see the rest of the boys getting food. I guess they notice my sad look when they looked at me with sympathy. 

"Silence?" Liam asks and I nod my head while he lets out a sigh. It's all taken a toll on us, I don't know if Zayn knows how much this is affecting us.