30.

Sutton

Zayn and I finished eating dinner awhile ago and the sky is completely dark now. The only light we really see as we lay down our heads resting on the pillows is coming from the lantern and the moon and stars above.

I look to my side to see Zayn staring at the stars above us. I never really asked why him why he likes being in places where you could see the night sky, like a roof or balcony. He turns to me with a look of awe, "Did you see that?" 

"See what?" He shakes his head looking at me chuckling, "The shooting star, you missed it."

"Awwh," I pout, "did you make a wish?"

"No, I forgot." He smiles sily and I shake my head at him letting out a small laugh, "Only you would."

"True, but only you would miss a shooting star." Zayn says sitting up opens the picnic basket. Taking out the cookies I bought for the game and eat one. I sit up taking one as well. I pull the blanket that's over both of our bodies higher burrying my other arm under. 

"True, I've never seen one." I tell him sadly. I want to tell him that he's the reason why I missed it, but I don't.

"Really?" I shake my head, "Well one day you will, and it's going to be one of the coolest things you've ever seen." 

I finish my cookie bringing the blanket higher covering the majority of my body this time as it rests on his lap. The warmth of the blanket envelops me shielding me from the wind. The blanket smelling like Zayn's comforting scent.

I let out a chuckle with a smile on my face nodding, "I look forward to it. I'll let you know when it happens."

I lay down on my side sighing becuse of how comfy I am here. Zayn does the same except he props himself up with his arm looking at me.

"What time is it?" We've been here for awhile now, yet it doesn't really seem like it.

"10:26." He tells me and I nod my head letting out a small yawn.

"I don't want to keep you out so late, we should go soon." I nod my head. After a few more moments we pack everything up and head down to the car. We put everything in the back of his car and he begins the drive to my house. 

"I had a lot of fun tonight, thanks for hanging out with me." I say turning to look at him and I see that he has a small smile played on his lips. 

"I had fun too, I wasn't really sure if you would like it though." 

"Are you kidding me? We could be laying on the couch all day just watching movies and I would still like it." I chuckle and he does the same nodding.

"I'm glad you liked it." 

"I always like hanging out with you." I tell him.

"And I like hanging out with you too."

"We should really go back up there again, it's nice up there." We're almost near my house. The familiar neighborhood coming into few.

"I agree." 

We pull up to my house and he parks the car in the front. My parents' bedroom lights are still on so I assume my dad is still awake.

He unbuckles his seat belt turing off the engine unlocking the car, "Zayn you don't have to walk me to the door, it's not that far away. 

I chuckle waiting for his reply, "I know, but what if there's some creepy guy ready to jump out of the bush or something." 

He doesn't wait for my reply we both get out of the car and walk up to the doorstep, "My hero." 

He laughs shrugging his shoulders, "That and I felt the need to hug my best friend good bye."