Chapter 3

Dave East:

"She 28 you 17 luh bruh." Chris said as he passed the blunt, I ain't tell my brother about what went down a couple weeks ago. We were standing in front of the store, Cassie ain't been to open the store in 3 days. We had been working everyday no problems apparently her boyfriend hadn't been home, and shorty was happy about it. We ain't chill outside of work, I ain't even have her number so when we were at work I made the most of our time together. Making sure she had money in her pockets to get her nails and shit done, but I had an even bigger surprise for her.

I didn't want that cruze, I just wanted to go get it decked out for her. I went and got her interior replaced, it was now a suede red, a touch screen radio tv's installed in the back blue LED lights a red paint job, with the black rims I got the best rims money could buy. Tinted the windows out for her and got her name and either sides of the car. Under the car had different color lights flashing once the car was started.

I haven't seen her in days and I come to work everyday hoping she would pop up. "Come on bruh she not comin." Chris said getting off his Venom. I sighed shaking my head as I pulled the car keys from my pocket, I then heard a car swerve around the corner I looked up at the wrangler I had given Cassie. She parked it across the street hopping out, I smiled and then it had faded once I seen the bruises around her arm. I got angry, "Damn who beating her ass?" He asked as she just walked past us with her head hanging low.

"Her nigga." I said, I gently grabbed her wrist and she jumped. She wouldn't even look at me.

"You're fired." She mumbled like it hurt for her to say that.

"What he fired for, he been here everyday yo ass need to fire yourself." Chris said chuckling.

"Chill out bro, just give me a second alright?" I say, Chris threw his hands up getting in the car. I followed her into the store. "Let me see your face mama." I spoke gently brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. She sighed trying to turn away from me. I picked her up by her waist sitting her on the counter. I lifted her head using my finger, her whole face was practically purple and black and my jaw clenched. "Cassie...you can do better."

"I need him Dave you don't understand-

"What you need Ma? You need a real boss in yo corner, help you pay some of them bills." I say

"You're 17 Da-"

I grabbed her by her legs pulling her to the edge of the counter making her wrap her legs around my waist. I purposely brought our faces close. "I'm 17 but I'm more of a man than he will ever be." I mumbled against her lips, I could tell she was attracted to me, sometimes I would find her staring at me biting her lip.

"Kiss me." She mumbled. "Make me feel better dave." Her voice cracked, I leaned in placing a kiss on her nose. She wrapped her arms around my neck laying her head on my shoulder crying, she cried hard. I sighed picking her up just keeping my arms around her securely.

"It's all good." I mumbled rubbing her back soothingly.

"Put my bitch down!" This nigga said walking in the store, Cassie hurriedly got out of my arms going around the corner. He had 2 other dudes with him, "Come on tough guy do that shit you was doing when I was by myself."

"Man what you want." I say

"Cassie this what you do? When I ain't around?" He asked with a chuckle

"Baby I-"

"You ain't gotta answer that shit." I said, I wasn't scared my brother was right outside and more than likely gone get tired of waiting and bring his ass in here.