Chapter 12

Dave East:

Dave East:

"They said Kehlani ain't no where near labor." Chris reports back to me, I wanted to be there for the birth of both my kids. How the hell was that going to happen? I ain't know but hopefully it worked out in my favor, Cassie was having my baby girl Kairi, and Kehlani was having my baby boy named after his pops of course.

"Thanks bruh go keep her company." I say back and he nodded, once he disappeared doctors entered the room.

"You are such a good man David." Cassie said placing her hand on my cheek, I stared down into her eyes. "I love you.." She said, I smiled kissing her forehead. She looked scared and I just wanted her to know she had nothing to be scared of. She was gone make it through this, and I was gone marry her and we would raise our beautiful daughter together.

"I love you too Cassie."

"You'll never leave me right?" She asked

"I'll never leave you shorty, I told you that." I reassured her before she screamed out in pain.

"I'm so scared Dave!"

"I know I got you though imma be right here every step of the way."

And I was, I coached her through pushing. I kissed her occasionally and told her how proud of her I was, and out came Kairi Chanel Brown. She was so gorgeous, and I had fell in love with her. She was crying her eyes out, but the moment I cut that cord and they placed her in my arms I knew she was mine.

"You requested a paternity test correct?" The doctor asked

"Yea-"

"What you don't believe she's yours?" Cassie asked

"Nah I don't." Chris said coming into the room. "He getting it because I told him to, hurry up Doc Kehlani having contractions she bouta be pushing my nephew out soon."

"So she don't get a test but I do?" Cassie asked in disbelief

"No, my sister ain't got no reason to lie about having no nigga baby-"

"Aye chill out yall." I say. "Imma do it so shit like this don't happen, if she mine he gone chill out on you. Okay?"

"If that's the case please hurry up and do it." She said making me laugh.

"Okay all I need is a swab from you, we already have DNA from the baby girl." The doctor explained, I opened my mouth and he swabbed my mouth.

"Will we get the results today?" Chris asked

"Yes,you do realize that once I do this you're putting yourself on child suppo-"

"We ain't worried about that, thank you Doc put a rush on that if you don't mind." He pulled out a couple hundred dollar bills putting it in the doctors lab coat. The doctor nodded quickly making his way out the room.

I gave Kairi to Cassie, "Y'all play nice, please look after her bro-"

"I ain't gone let nun happen to the damn girl, I know how you feel about her ass." He replied in an irritated tone. "Gone down there with Lani."

I walked out the room running down the hall, I heard Lani scream the moment I got closer to her room. I ran faster, I had to slow myself down before I ran I to something. I was pushing people out the way left and right before I ran into her room. I rushed to her bed side. "Hi baby, I'm here." I say breathless

"This shit hurt!"

"You all good, you got this." I say holding Kehlani's hand.

"H-How's Kairi?" She asked

"She beautiful and she ready for her baby brother." I say making her smile.

"And Cassie?" She asked

"She okay, she enjoying Kairi while she got her. I'm waiting on the paternity test to come back so Chris can get off her ass." I replied making her laugh. "I know she's mine though, she looks just like me."

"You are going to be a great father. I'm so glad it's you and nobody else."

"Me too, I woulda had to kill a nigga if they got you knocked up before me." I said making her chuckle.

"If I get out the streets, and live this life you wanna live can we be together?" She asked her brown eyes stared into mine, her hand rested on my cheek.

"You know you could have me back." I replied truthfully

"But you love her too David."

"You were here first, all I ever wanted was for you to get out the streets with me. Baby, if you do that we can be together."

"Okay, then I'm doing it. I hate that I have to, but I am." She said with a sigh, she then soon let out another scream, I kissed her forehead. I was happy that was her decision, but she said this once before and changed her mind. I hope she really meant that shit this time, my son need his mama.

Kehlani was a real ass bitch, the perfect woman to raise a son with. She would ensteel so much strength and knowledge not only bookwise but streetwise as well. She would be tough for a daughter, she would make my daughter a heartbreaker like herself. I smiled just thinking about it. Picturing this life with her made me happy, but picturing it with Cassie made me happy as well...

1 Month Later...

I looked over my shoulder at Cassie jogging down the steps. "Where you going shorty?" I asked getting up off the couch. I blocked the front door before she could walk out.

"To pack my shit and bring it over here, I was talking to Kehlani and she's right. I need to be around for our daughter, he gone fuck around and kill me before I even get a chance to raise her."

"I'm coming with y-"

"No!" She shouted like that was the worst idea ever. "I got it, I'll call you if I need you."

"Man C-"

"I love you David, and I promise I will call you if you're needed."

"I love you too, please be careful." I pleaded, she kissed my lips before she let herself out. I sat back down on the couch, ever since Cassie's test came back that Kairi was mine, everybody's been nicer to her and encouraging her to move in. She finally is giving in, and even though I had to break up with her soon for Kehlani I would still be able to protect her. Keeping them protected and well taken care of was all that mattered to me.

~~~~~~~