Chapter 11

7 Months Later

7 Months Later..
Dave East:

"I told you I don't like her ass." Chris said to me as we sat out front of my school passing a blunt back and forth. "She fuckin with the enemy man, ion like that shit."

"I know and she gone leave him bro." I reasoned

"When? She can come move in with us and she still ain't did that shit, we gone provide safety and she know that." He responded. "Shorty need to gone ahead and push my niece out and gone on bout her business. Bruh what if the baby not even yours."

"I know it's mine, if it makes you feel better when the baby born I'll do a paternity test."

"That would make me feel a whole lot better." He smiled as he puffed the blunt once again. Kehlani and Cassie was due any day now, my family was more excited about me and Lani's baby than me and Cassie's.

Chris's phone started ringing and he quickly answered it placing it on speaker, "Hi Daddy..." Jhene said

"Wassup baby." He replied

"Where you go? I miss you."

"Giving Dave this talk, you know ion trust Cassie." He explained

"Nobody does but you still gotta respect her for your brother's sake. I ain't gone have to beat you with that pistol again am I?" I laughed at her question.

He smacked his lips, "Nah man, I'm home respect her or whatever but this nigga getting a DNA test so we can make sure that baby his."

"Which is okay, why isn't he in class?" She asked

"We talkin, grown man business ya feel me?" Chris replied

"Dave get yo ass out that car and go to class before I pull up on y'all asses."

"Alright Ne." I say grabbing my book bag from the back, I got out the car. Chris passed me see cologne and I drenched myself in it to get the marijuana smell off me. I handed it back to him.

"Man you be safe and have a good day, imma be back here to get you." He explained, I nodded before I closed the door.

I climbed up the steps to my high school walking in. I made my way to the front office, "David Brown!" The secretary shouted at me and I laughed.

"Man see what had happened was I tripped over this side walk and that's why I'm late." I joked

"Mhm where yo fine ass brother?" She mumbled to me.

"On his way home to his girlfriend." I replied

She sighed, "They still together? Looks like I gotta find me a new man." She says jokingly as she slides me a late pass. "That man is fine."

"Imma tell his ass you said that too."

"Not if his girlfriend as crazy as you say, keep that between us." She replied making me laugh again, I let myself out the office and down the long hallway of my school.

I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket, as soon as I got to my locker I pulled my phone from my pocket answering it.

"Wassup?" I answer once I get my locker open.

"Man I'm turning around to come get you, Kehlani and Cassie water just broke. Brit, Mila, and Jhene driving them to the hospital." Chris said

"I shoulda just stayed my ass in the car for this." I pulled my book bag right back up out the locker slinging it over my shoulder going back toward the office after I closed my locker.

"That's what I just told Jhene bossy ass, her and Royalty think they run shit."

"Nigga they do, you know you gotta come in and sign me out I already got my late pass they not home let a nigga leave."

"Yeah man, I'm pulling up now I'm about to come in." He replied, I hung the phone up making my way into the office.

"Uh uh boy what you want now?" She asked

"My kids on the way, a nigga gotta go to the hospital." I said, Chris came walking through the door.

"Oh shit where my brush?" She said quickly grabbing her purse and I couldn't help but to laugh as she brushed her hair.

"I'm here to sign this lil nigga out." He said not looking away from his phone, he didn't even pay attention to how she was looking at him.

"Anything for you." She replied as she sat the sign out binder on the counter. Chris grabbed a pen from the cup and flipped it open, he signed my name and time out then placed his signature where it was needed. "You have a nice day sexy I mean Mr. Brown."

"Yeah yeah." Chris waved her off and I followed him out of the office. "She always flirting with a nigga every time I come up in there." He said as we exited the school

"All my teachers flirt with yo ass!"

"And that's why I send Jhene ass up here for parent conferences and shit cause I'm not about to deal with allat." He explained as we climbed into his car. He started the car, and we pulled off fast, he didn't care about how fast he was driving.

"Nigga arrive alive please. I do wanna be around for my kids."

"Nigga you wanna be there for the birth too don't you?" He asked

I smacked my lips tossing my book bag back in the back,"Light that back up, you gone need that. Jhene was beating a nigga ass when Royalty was on the way." He said referring to the half blunt in the ashtray. I did exactly as he said firing it back up taking a long puff allowing the smoke to fill my lungs. "2 kids and 2 baby mamas...damn boy." He said shaking his head.

"I know man I'm so happy."

"If Cassie has the kid and it's yours, a nigga gone be nice a lil bit. Not too much but a lil bit. I just got one thing running through my mind for real though."

"What's that bruh?"

"How did she get through these 9 months without Diddy ass knowing she pregnant?"

~~~~~~~