Part 31: Just Living

"Where are you, Handsome?" you whispered to Tommy

"Where are you, Handsome?" you whispered to Tommy.  You laid there, draped over him on the rustled bedsheets.  Your chin rested on his chest, staring up at him, wondering what was going on inside that gorgeous head of his.  His face was tense, sharpening his already chiseled features.  That jaw of his protruded and just begged to be kissed.  His eyes were clouded with concern and seemed miles away.  He didn't answer but slowly pulled on his cigarette.  You watched him, devotedly, taking time to admire his toned skin, still slick and flushed from your lovemaking.

Something was different that night, though.  He was different.  He was tender and deliberate when he touched you.  He poured all his love into you with every steamy stroke, whispering affirmations and I love yous.  When you gazed at him, you noticed a touch of sadness behind his eyes.  And all your naughty words and attempts to provoke that devil inside of him failed to rid those beautiful browns of their sadness.

"Tommy," you said, louder this time.  He blinked and glanced down at you, pulling himself away from whatever memory was haunting him. 

"Sorry, doll," he said, stubbing out his cigarette then flashing you that sly smile of his.  You knew that trick all too well.  You did it quite often yourself.  It's the height of manipulation, a smile.  Just a simple curl of the lips can evoke immense power over a man.  Suppose the same can be done by handsome fellows too.  Tommy had the good looks thing going in spades, and that smile always made you weak in the knees, even when you knew it was only there to mask the truth.

"You're worried about tomorrow," you said.  Tommy sighed and ran a hand through his hair.  You watched the muscles in his arms swell as he moved and felt a pang of desire.

"I don't like going into a job without complete control," Tommy explained.
"Capone is going to have some of his goons in position and I trust them about as far as I can throw them." He shook his head slowly, chewing on the hundreds of ways it could play out with Capone's lackeys thrown into the situation.

You tried a little playfulness in an effort to soothe his worried mind.

"I'd wager my strong, handsome devil could throw those joes all the way to San Francisco," you purred then gave a little nip at his stomach. He flinched and reached down to give your rear a gentle but firm smack.

"I'd wager someone's ready for round two," he smirked with that impish glint you missed so.

You bit your lip and wiggled your ass a bit, his hand still firmly planted on your cheek.

"Why, you call that strong, Mister? I didn't even feel a sting," you huffed with a seductive tilt of you head.  Tommy's smile widened as his eyes rested on yours.  That glint slowly fading to make room for that far off, somber stare.

"Di," Tommy said.

"Yes, Tommy?" you answered.

"You know how much I love you," he continued, softly stroking the curve of your rear.

"I do, Tommy," you smiled.  You didn't think you'd ever get tired of hearing it though.

"And you trust me, don't you, Di?" he asked, his other hand mindfully brushing a fallen curl out of your eyes.

"With my life, Tommy," you said.

Tommy briefly looked down at his hand and thumbed his wedding ring, spinning it on his finger.

"If things go sideways," he said, still looking at his ring, "you have to promise me something."

You crawled closer until you were nearly nose to nose.

"Anything for you, Tommy," you breathed against his lips.  His eyes cast upwards to yours and held you there.

"This is the big one, Di.  The end of the line.  We cash it in after this, you understand?  No more Dollface and Tommy Gun.  No more running.  No more riding.  Just living, you and me," Tommy grabbed your hand and held it against his chest.  "Is that alright with you?" he asked with a trace of uncertainty.  Maybe he considered that your love for him only existed in this life of bullets and bank robberies, and that anything else would be far too dull for a dame like you.

But, boy, was he wrong.  Your mind drifted back to the homestead with Nikki and the boys.  You recalled the glimpses of a Tommy you'd never seen before: carefree, animated, overjoyed.  You remembered that tug in your heart when you saw him cradle the migrant's baby and how bashful he looked when you caught him cooing at the child.

No more riding? No more running? Just living. Suppose that'll be another thrilling adventure.

"That's fine with me, Handsome," you replied with a smile. But Tommy was still so serious.

"You have to follow my lead, doll, no matter what.  You have to promise me no matter how crazy it sounds, whatever I say in there tomorrow, you'll go along with it." He raised his eyebrows in question.  It gave him an adorably boyish appearance and it made it impossible to deny him anything.
"Do you trust me?" he asked again and suddenly you wondered what that trust was going to cost you.

You nodded.

"I promise, Tommy," you whispered and before you could take your next breath, his lips were on yours with a fiery passion that threatened to ignite the entire room.  You moaned against his lips, his sweltering body pressed against yours with want.  His hands cupped your behind and gave a greedy squeeze.

"My filthy angel," he growled against your neck. His mouth was scorching against your skin.  His fingertips dug into your flesh, eager for more.

"My handsome devil," you purred in response, Your hands dove into his locks, tugging enough to elicit a soft groan from him.  He roughly grabbed your wrists and flipped you onto your back.  You gave a little gasp at his strength.  He always seemed to maneuver you so effortlessly, like some rag doll.

"What do you say, dollface?," Tommy grinned, "You up for one more ride?" His breath lingered on your lips. You slithered out of his grasp and onto your hands and knees, throwing a sultry smile his way while you wiggled your ass in the air. He gave an admiring glance before sending a resounding spank across your supple skin.

"Hang on tight, Handsome.  I've got a full tank and can go all night."