On The Run

Larry sat in the chair as I curled up on his lap finally falling asleep my brain still spiraling from the things I just learned. Larry ran his fingers through my hair as he peered out of the window. His mind shifting between here and home the things we built together and was forced to leave behind. Laurent continued to pace. He wanted to find a way to end Lucia without ending himself and Larry. It wasn't fair they finally found love after 4000 years. He looked down at my sleeping face. He would do anything to protect me so would Larry. I would do anything to protect them all of us willing to give our lives to protect each other. The twins barely slept that night. They took turns watching over me. In a dream my mother came to me she was so  beautiful and radiant. She told me how to conjure a temporary shield. I repeated the the words my mother told me. For that night we were safe but we had to find a more permanent solution. The twins finally let sleep take them. The next day we were back on the road traveling further to a destination unknown. We finally stopped once we reached Mexico.  Crossing over the border we felt a little safer but it was still only temporary. I was getting tired of running but I couldn't end Lucia it would kill them and that was the last thing I wanted. As we entered our temporary living quarters I realized we haven't fed in days we had to hunt to keep our strength up. I opened the door to the beautiful hotel room. I head directly to the shower I was filthy. Larry stepped out to buy us some clothes. I was enjoying the hot water running over my body scrubbing away the filth of the last two days. Laurent was getting some much needed sleep. Tonight we had to hunt in a different territory so we needed to be focused. Larry returned with the clothes I was still in the shower when he entered the shower with me. He held on to me as the water continued to envelope our bodies. His thought flowing from his mind into mine. I could feel every single emotion he felt. There was a storm raging in his head. He never thought that Lucia would take it this far. Then he thought back to the day she released them Laurent's words engraved in his mind that she let them go too easy. More and more my choice was becoming clear to me.
Finally I was brought out of my thoughts by the cold water splashing against my skin. I frowned quickly washing my body.  This was a far stretch from our home but as long as I had the two of them I was home. After showering I laid between the twins drifting off into a much needed sleep. We slept well into the night. I awakened refreshed ready for my much needed meal. I sat at the vanity getting myself together. Laurent was on the phone with Orion one of the elders pleading his case for the protection seal. He was getting more and more frustrated each time they told him that it takes time.
"I mean no disrespect but us need it now." He pleaded.
"Laurent I understand your need fir this to be speedy in this process and we are doing the best we can I promise you this but it's going to take time." Orion said.
Laurent threw his hands up in frustration and defeat once again hanging up the phone.
I looked at him wishing I could find away to ease his frustration.
"It'll be okay mon cher." I tried to reassure him.
He agreed but I knew he was lying I could feel his fear coursing through my body.
"You guys ready?" Larry questioned .
"As ready as we are going to get." I answered grabbing his hand. Laurent grabbed my other hand and off we went into the night.