Chapter 7

*Zoella's POV* 

     This whole week I've been working and even though I haven't been off I still get to see Nathen. He has made it a priority to come and see me on my lunch break seeing as his is around the same time and we set in the back of the shop and just talk and get to know each other better. I've learned a lot about him in the past week. He works with his slightly older brother, who is also a dom, at a small company where he's the boss of at least half the company. He also has a younger sister who lives out of state and his parents both retired and moved to Florida last year. I've groan to like him a lot more then I thought I would, I don't want things to move too fast so I keep most of my feelings to myself, but I feel like he already knows I like him. 

"So its almost Friday, you excited to finally have a day off?" He asks sipping his coffee.

I nod smiling "Definitely. Work can be so boring."

"Maybe we could go somewhere fun Friday? My company is having its annual fundraiser ball and I'd love for you to be my date." he asks taking my hand in his holding it on the table.

"Really? What do I wear?" I ask already slightly nervous.

"A dress silly." He chuckles.

"Like a princess?" I gush my little side slipping.

He nods smiling "Not too poufy though okay."

"Okay." I giggle. 

     After clocking out for the day Sarah offers to drive me home and I finally get to talk to her about the good news of my data with Nathen Friday.

"Sarah, could you come over Friday and help me with something?" I ask smiling.

"Yeah, what is it?" She asks glancing at me as we exit the parking lot.

"My date with Nathen." 

We stop at a red light and she looks at me wide eyed "Where are you guys going?" She asks.

"His company is having a fundraiser ball." 

"We have to go get you a dress and everything." She says pulling out her phone.

The light turns green and she hand her phone to me.  

"Look up a nearest dress boutique." She orders.

Doing as I'm told I go to google maps and look up dress boutiques finding one not far from us and I click on it getting directions and I hand it back to Sarah can so she can follow the directions. Once we got there we parked and headed inside and instantly greeted by a worker.

"Hello ladies, my name is Penny, what can I do for you girls?" She asks kindly.

"My friend is going to a fundraiser ball and we need a dress and shoes for her." 

"Any color in particular that you want?" She asks guiding over to a setting area that faced a wall with a tall mirror with a pedestal in front of it.  

"Purple, but not like a bold dark purple." I answer.

"And what about price?" She asks.

I bite my lip in thought and look over at Sarah and she looks at me. "I don't wanna spend that much maybe $50...is there anything that much here this place looks expensive."

"We have a good size collection of dresses in that price range let me just go get a few and I'll meet you in the dressing room over there." She says pointing to a hall with multiple doors. 

As she leaves I go over to the dressing rooms changing into a robe that hung on the door it smelt a little like lavender and it calmed my nerves. After a few minutes Penny peeks her head in with a smile. 

"You ready to try on some dresses?" She asks coming in with about five different dresses.

"Mhm." I say with a nod.

I watch as she hangs up the eight dresses on the wall all different styles and shades of purple.

"So these are all the purple dresses that I could find at the moment that were in your price range. Which one do you wanna try first?"

I didn't really like any of the dresses that much none of them really stood out to me and I bit my lip not sure how to tell her I didn't wanna try on any of them. Suddenly there is a knock on the door making me jump slightly and Penny peeks out.

"I found three more in her price range." a girl tells her.

Penny takes the dresses telling her thank you then shuts the door hanging them up and I'm instantly drawn to the strapless one, it was just the right shade of purple and looked just like something a princess would wear.

"I want that one, it's perfect." I say pointing to it.

"Alight lets get you in it so we can show your friend." She says getting it off the hanger. 

She holds the dress open for me to step into it and pulls it up as I take my robe off and I hold the front to me as I turn around and she zips me up and I hold in a squeal seeing myself in the small wall mirror. 

"Lets go show her." She says opening the door. 

I pick up the front a bit so I don't step on it or trip and we walk over to where Sarah was setting with some shoes and a purse to match the purple theme. She looks up smiling at me as I walk over.

"You look so cute." she gushes

"Thank you." I say with a giggle as I step on the podium seeing myself fully in the larger wall mirror. "This is the dress I want Sarah, I love it." 

"It suites you so well, I also got some heals and a clutch picked out." She says pointing to them. 

"How much is it?" I ask looking at Penny.

She comes over looking at the dress tag "$34.50." 

"That's amazing." I say shocked. 

"The shoes and clutch are both $10." Sarah says

"I'm ready to buy this like right now." I grin.

"Well lets go back to the dressing room and you can change and we'll head to the front so you can pay." Penny says with a smile.

     Penny places a zip up cover over the dress and poxes the shoes and clutch placing them in a large paper bag with their logo on it. After paying for everything we head to the car and Sarah drives me home and helps me take my things inside. I hang my dress on the back of my bedroom door and Sarah tells me she'll be over a few hours before Nathen come to help me get ready before she leaves and I eat a simple easy dinner before watching a movie and falling asleep on my couch.