Chapter 5 - Cabins

Once I got into this camp it was amazing. One thing that stood out though, was an extremely tall pine tree. This tree was a medium green colour and I wondered why I could only see the camp when I walked past this tree.

There were two volley ball courts where some campers were smiling happily and playing a game. Next was the arts and crafts room where some campers were either painting or drawing - I have to say, they were good. Just next to the volleyball courts was a big, brown, wooden house which had a porch and could probably fit three about two or three normal sized houses inside. We walked up to the big house and there were two men sat playing cards - one I recognized of Chiron. I didn't recognize the other guy though. He was small but porky. He had a red nose, big watery eyes, and curly hair so black it was almost purple. He looked like those paintings of baby angers - Cherubs, I think. Yeah, Cherubs. He looked like a Cherub who'd turned middle-aged in a trailer park. He wore a tiger-pattern Hawaiian shirt, and looked like he would have fit right in at a casino. Although I got the feeling that this guy would have probably been out-gambled quite easily seeing as the fact that he was losing his game of cards.

"Hello, Percy, Maddie and Grover." Chiron said as he turned away from the table in his wheelchair and he had a blanket on his legs.

"Hi Chiron, this is Tay. She's the..." Chiron began to stand up out of his wheelchair and I did not expect what happened next to happen.

"Hello Taylor." I wasn't exactly surprised at the fact that he used my full name - it's not exactly hard to guess. I was more surprised about what was happening right before my eyes. "You're the girl that was with Maddie, Percy and Grover when they came into my classroom. I trust you made your way here okay." Chiron continued as he stood up and smiled a genuine smile. This is the part that made me think I was either hallucinating or just going completely insane! Chiron was completely normal from the waist up, but his bottom half turned into a white stallion. To put it bluntly, he was half horse. Which after today, didn't shock me as much as it probably would have if I hadn't seen a fury just a few hours ago. "You may want to sit down." Chiron pulled out a chair for me and, unsurely, I sat down. The guy in the Hawaiian shirt stood up and walked away - probably to do some jobs around the camp or something.

"Do you know who that was?" Percy asked politely.

"Who? The guy in the Hawaiian shirt?" They all nodded.

"No. Should I?" I felt like I should know who that person was but, honestly, I didn't have a clue.

"That was Mr. D. Otherwise known as Dionysus." Chiron informed me.

"Dionysus as in the 'God of wine' Dionysus?" I asked, confused.

"Indeed. You see, the Greek Gods are real. As are many other Greek myths such as centaurs and satyrs." Chiron gestured towards Maddie and Grover. Maddie smiled at me apologetically.

"I'm your protector." Maddie said then let Chiron continue.

"Sometimes the Gods come down to earth and fall in love. Then they have kids." Chiron gestured towards Percy and I.

"So, in the most polite way possible, if I'm a God's kid, then which God is my ‘parent’?" I asked out of curiosity.

"We don't know yet. You will have to be claimed." Grover answered. "But, don't worry; there are tons of demi-gods out there. Some leading their own lives, and some pretty famous." I put my head in my hands, taking it all in.

"So what you’re saying is, Gods are real and one just happens to be my parent?" I knew what they were saying but I just wanted to make sure in case they were pulling some sort of prank on me.

"Grover, Maddie, could you show Taylor the cabins?" Chiron asked, but had a feeling that this question was meant to be more like a command.

"Sure." And with that, the three of us walked to the cabins.