Fourteen: I Don't Know

*Hayes's perspective* 

Taylor starts the carousel, and we all just ride it, waiting to picked off like Alisha said. I'm terrified as hell right now, and I'm not even trying to hide it anymore. 

"How the hell is this thing even working?" Taylor asks. 

"Don't know, don't care." Alisha replies blankly, staring off into the distance.

She pulls her short, shoulder length hair up into a high pony tail, and some of the shorter strands in the back fall back down, resting against her neck. She stares down at her feet, then over at me, and a smile forms on her lips when she notices I'm staring. 

"What?" She asks, covering her beautiful smile. 

"Why are you covering your mouth?" I ask.

"Why are you staring?" She retorts, dropping her hand and smiling with her mouth closed. 

"I asked first!" I laugh.

"Maybe I felt like it." She responds, laughing. 

"Well maybe I felt like it, too." I laugh as well. 

"You're adorable, Hayes." She giggles, shoving my shoulder lightly. 

"You almost made me fall!" I gasp, throwing a hand over my heart.

"Yeah, okay!" She responds in a sarcastic tone, laughing. 

"I save you from falling and that's how you repay me?" I gasp, pouting and acting hurt. 

"Yup!" She giggles, popping the 'P.'

After a while we all get sick of the ride and get off, deciding to walk around the park. 

"Your amazing plan is working so well, Alisha!" Taylor says sarcastically. 

"Okay, let's not be rude about it!" Carter defends. 

"Well our friends are freaking missing and we're just sitting around doing nothing!" Taylor shouts, angrily. 

"We're not doing nothing. It's apart of the plan." Alisha whispers. "Look, I know I don't have the best ideas, but I have no clue what to do. We're far too deep to go to the police, and I'm sorry! I'm trying to make this work! I-I I'm trying, okay?!" Alisha shouts, shaking her head and looking down at her feet. 

"Hey, it's not your fault." I whisper, hugging her softly. 

"It is, though. I said not to go to the police." She whispers. 

"You aren't the one doing this." I remind her. 

"Yeah, but-" She starts, but I cut her short.

"But nothing. It's going to be okay. Like you said, we're going to save them." I say softly. 

"Okay." She closes her eyes, hugging me back. 

"Um, guys." Carter says suddenly. 

"Yeah?" Alisha and I ask in unison, pulling away from each other. 

"Where'd Taylor go?" He asks, and I notice Taylor isn't with us anymore. 

"What do you mean?" Alisha asks, noticing it, too. 

"How did we not notice?" I question.

"I was looking at you two!" Carter defends, raising his hands up. 

Alisha and I look at each other, and she sighs. "Well, he clearly didn't put up a fight like I asked. The question is though, how the hell is this possible? How can they take them so quickly and quietly that we can't even notice?" 

"I don't know." Carter replies simply. 

A/N: Oh my god short update! Aha! Sorry! Second update today! I'm just on a roll lately! Aha! BUT OH MY GOD JACOB IS SO SDGF KFHG GFH GF FD So proud!!! :D