The troll

Amie caught up with Hermione just outside of the common room.

"Hey, Hermione! I'm sorry about Ron, I'm sure he didn't mean it like that."

"Oh, but I am sure that he did. Haven't I told you already? Nobody here likes me. It's a miracle that you do! Why do you like me anyways? I'm sure that if we weren't friends you would be just as rude as them!" Hermione yelled.

"That hurt, Hermione. That really hurt." Amie said, on the verge of tears. She spun around, wanting to get away from there. Any place where Hermione wasn't at. She ran, the package with the Nimbus tucked under her arm.

"I'm sorry, Amie! I didn't mean it! I'm just upset, I don't think that about you at all. You're the nicest person I've ever met, and I'm sorry!" Hermione shouted after her, and although she sounded sincere, Amie simply couldn't accept her apology right now. She needed some space.

"Hey, what's wrong?" a voice asked as Amie hurried past a door. Amie stopped and looked inside - it was the twins, Fred and George Weasley, Ron's older brothers. Amie had never really spoken to them, but they seemed nice. And she'd heard that they were on the Gryffindor Quidditch team.

"Hey, you're a friend of Ron's, right?" asked one of them. Amie simply nodded.

"Come here," said the other one. "We're doing a prank - you want in?"

Amie smiled, and joined the twins.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""

Amie didn't speak to Hermione all day. She sat next to Neville instead of Hermione in classes, and every time she tried to apologize Amie would look the other way, and start talking to Neville. That night, after dinner, Amie, Harry and Ron went to open their packages, Amie in her dormitory and the boys in theirs. The Nimbus was absolutely stunning, and Amie gently stroked the handle before changing her clothes and walking down to the common room to meet Harry. He came down seconds later and they walked down to the pitch together. When they arrived, Wood wasn't there. But neither of them wanted to stay on the ground, so they mounted their brooms and started racing around the stadium.

"Potter, Jones! Come down!" Wood shouted up to them, and they steered their brooms towards the ground again. "Very nice, Potter. I see what McGonagall meant... You really are a natural. I'm just going to teach you the rules this evening, then you'll be joining team practice three times a week. Amie, you can take the Quaffle and start training." he said and threw it at her. She pushed off again, and started practicing her shots and catching the Quaffle.

After about an hour it was too dark to carry on, and Wood walked with them back to the castle.

"The Quidditch cup'll have our name on it this year." Wood said confidently. "I wouldn't be surprised if you turn out better than Charlie Weasley, and he could have played for England if he hadn't gone off chasing dragons. And you, Amie -- you're in the same league as Angelina and Katie, and they're older and have played before." he said proudly.

"Thanks, Oliver." Amie said and blushed. 

When they entered the common room, Amie found Hermione waiting for her.

"Amie, I'm sorry! Please forgive me, I know I had no reason to say what I said, and believe me, I didn't mean it!"

"It's okay, Hermione. I forgive you." Amie told Hermione.

"You -- you do?" Hermione said, surprised.

"Yes, I do. I believe you have learned your lesson."

Amie was then squashed in a bone-crushing hug.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

The weeks passed quickly, and soon they had been at Hogwarts for two whole months.

On Halloween the smell of baking pumkin wafted through the corridors. Everyone thought it smelled delicious, except Amie. She had always disliked pumpkin, and found herself struggling not to hurl. It was a Thursday, so after breakfast, Amie and Hermione made their way to Charms class.

"Amie, are you feeling okay? You look kind of green." Hermione asked worriedly.

"I'm fine Hermione, it's just this smell of pumpkin, it makes me nauseous."

"Are you sure you're up for classes today? You look like you might vomit."

"I said I'm fine, there's nothing wrong with me, honest." Amie said convincingly.

In Charms class that day Flitwick announced that they were finally ready to make objects fly. Amie partnered with Harry, and Ron was, reluctantly, partnered with Hermione. Both of them were furious, Hermione hadn't spoken to either Ron or Harry since the day Harry and Amie received their broomsticks.

"Now, don't forget that nice wrist movement we've been practicing." Flitwick squeaked. "Swish and flick, remember, swish and flick. And saying the magic words properly is very important, too -- never forget Wizard Baruffio, who said 's' instead of 'f', and found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest!" 

Amie started laughing, and had to try very hard to stop. Meanwhile everyone else started practicing the charm, so Amie's laughter was covered up pretty well. Harry was having trouble making his feather fly, as was everybody else in the room. Amie sighed and said;

"Wingardium Leviosa!"

Immediately her feather rose, but Amie brought it down again before anybody except Harry noticed.

"How did you do that?" he asked her, but before she could answer they heard Hermione's voice.

"You're saying it wrong." she snapped at Ron. " It's Wing-gar-dium Levi-o-sa, make the 'gar' nice and long."

"You do it then, if you're so clever." Ron snarled challengeing.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" said Hermione, and her feather rose towards the ceiling.

"Oh, well done!" said Flitwick praisingly. "Everyone see here, Miss Granger's done it!"

"So did I." Amie murmured so low that only Harry could hear.

When they left the classroom, Ron was in a very foul mood. Amie and Hermione walked right behind the boys when Ron said;

"It's no wonder no one can stand her. She's a nightmare, honestly."

Amie draw in a sharp breath, while Hermione ran away from her, accidentally knocking into Harry on her way.

"I think she heard you." Harry said.

"You think!?" Amie shouted, and they turned to face her. "You're such an arse Ron, how could you say such a thing?"

Without another word she ran after Hermione.

She had gone to the bathroom, and she was crying her eyes out when Amie got there.

"Shhh, it's okay." Amie hugged her and stroked her back comfortingly.

They sat down on the stone floor, and Amie held Hermione, while she cried for hours. Sometimes a student would come, but Amie just shook her head at them, implying that they shouldn't ask. Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown did ask, but Amie just told them to leave.

When the time came for dinner, both Amie and Hermione was starved, having missed lunch already. But Hermione simply refused to go to the Great hall, and Amie didn't want to leave her. Soon they heard the door opening, but they didn't look up until they heard the door slam shut and being locked from the outside. A loud 'YES' could be heard from the other side of the door. Amie and Hermione raised their heads, to be met with a ghastly sight. It was a great big mountain troll. Twelve feet tall, grey skin, a big club in its hand. Amie knew that they were only still alive because the troll was thinking of what to do. Amie was scared speechless, Hermione, however, let out a high petrified scream. Amie looked her way, away from the troll. That was the stupidest thing she could have done, because next thing she knew she felt a heavy blow on her head, and everything went black. The last thing she heard was Hermione screaming her name, before she fell unconscious.

##################

Oooh, my first cliffhanger! Exciting, right? :) comment! Bye!

#EDITED 7/1-2013