Chapter 15 (Technically)

A few months have passed and Maximum was nine months old. She had the mauve eyes like Matt had said and the light hair like Lana predicted. Maximum was currently crawling around the house getting into everything, to her everything was either a toy, something that needed to be thrown or needed to be in her mouth. There has been times where Al or Francois leave out their weapons and Maxi tried to put them in her mouth, that had made Lana extremely mad. She had told them many times to not leave their weapons out but instead put them in the closet by the door. Matt had told her, secretly of course, that she was cute when she was scolding the older men for doing wrong. Matt had taken Lana on as many dates as possible, and did things with and without the baby. Sometimes Oliver would babysit so they could have a night out, but most of the time they would bring the baby along with them. Matt was already so protective of her.

Tonight, Oliver is going to watch Maxi so Lana and Matt can go out. Matt had made all the plans and reservations. When Lana had asked him what the special occasion was, he said it was a surprise. The only hints that she had to go one, was that she needed to dress nicely but comfortably.  

It was about an hour before they had to leave, Lana was blow drying her hair and Matt was in the shower. She put her long Burgundy brown hair into a bun with two small strands if hair still on the side of her face, then curled the two strands so it would look a little fancy. Lana's next goal was to do her make up, when she was pulling stuff out from under the counter, Matt got out of the shower. For about two months now, they had been more open around each other, for example if one was in the shower and the other had to pee, they could do so without having to make a fuss. Sure there was another bathroom but Lana preferred her own over the guest one. Lana planned on wearing a simple red long sleeved, knee length dress that would hug her figure perfectly. He makeup wasn't outrageous but it was more than what she usually applied. Matt watched her as she made all kinds of funny faces while putting it on, it amused him how much women were willing to go through to make themselves look pretty. After a few moments, he walked passed Lana and into their shared room to get ready himself. He was going to wear a dark purple button up shirt with black slacks and a lighter purple tie. Matt dried his hair the rest of the way then left it down after brushing it thoroughly. He was pretty much ready but let Lana take her time, after all, they still had about another twenty minutes, so he waited in the living room.

Lana had put on her dress but needed help zipping it up, lucky for her, Francois was walking past the room. "Francois, can you come here for a minute?"

"Oui?" He took a few steps back and then looked at Lana. She had her head sticking out of the room and was holding her dress up with one arm.

"Can you zip  me up?" Lana opened the door a little further and turned around. At first Francois paused a bit then zipped up the dress immediately afterwards. He left right as soon as the dress was zipped. He didn't want to stay around her for too much longer, his hormones were trying to take over and Francois would not allow that. Lana was a friend of his, he did not want to take advantage of her, especially since Matt was her boyfriend. Francois wasn't  the slightest bit scared of Matt, he knew that he could take the Canadian any day, even on the days that he was so drunk that it was practically impossible for him to stand. No, he had thought about trying to woo Lana over, with his good looks and charm, of course it would probably take more than that and at least a good shave. But out of respect for Lana and himself, he didn't do anything to her, nothing harmful, though he did keep her safe and cooked for her, of course the whole house did that though.

Lana finished her outfit off with a white pair of heels, and a pearl necklace with matching earrings. She walked into the living room to see Matt sitting there  starring off into space. He snapped out of it in a matter of seconds and jumped up off the couch.