Date Night

"I'm glad you actually said yes to this date." Matthew said shyly. He had left Kumajirou at home for the sake of privacy and not having to worry about carring the bear around.

"Well, I'm glad you asked me out. You seem like a nice guy. " Matthew had decided on taking Lana out to dinner and then on a walk around the local park. Lana was enthusiastic about the whole date.  It had been a week since Matthew asked her out and she had been nervous ever since.

Matthew took Lana to a small, homely cafe, that was near the park.

As they sat waiting for their food, Matthew suggested that they play twenty questions, but obviously there wasn't going to be a limit to the amount of questions asked.

"Okay I guess I'll start.  Do you have siblings?" Matthew started.

"Yeah I have one,  an older sister, she's almost in her thirties." Lana explained casually. "What about you? Any siblings?"

"Well yes and no,  it's kind of hard to explain." Lana just tested her head in the palms of her hands and looked at Matthew willingly.  "Well Francis, I call him my papa but he's really my older brother, than Arthur came and took me from Francis making him my older brother, as well as Francis.  Then there's Alfred,  he's Arthur's younger brother, also making him my step brother. Basically"

"Wow,  that's complicated.  But I assume you are all good friends though. What's your favorite color? "

"Red and white. " Matthew gave a closed eyed smile. 

"Really? Mine are red and purple."

"What is your dream job. "

Lana looked down and thought about that question for a moment before looking up and answering. "Well, this will seem odd, but I would like to be an actress or an opera singer." Matthew looked at Lana like she had to heads.  Lana in general didn't look like the type to be either one of those things. "I'm just messing with you,  I want to be a mortician."

She had said it so casually that it frightened Matthew.  "W-what?! Why would you want to be that?"

"Well, the final great ceremony in each human's life is a funeral. So I would like to make that person beautiful for their final gala." Lana explained, trying to word her answer carefully.

"That makes sense. I would like to do something with the government."

Before Lana could ask her next question their food came, and they ate and had small talk. When they were done Matthew payed the bill and they walked to the park.  Lana had grabbed his hand causing them both to blush.

The two walked around the park and made small talk before Matthew took Lana home. As they stood outside Lana's house, they exchanged goodbyes and Lana grabbed Matthew's shirt and pulled him down. She stood on tip toes and kissed his cheek, then went inside with her face bright red. While Matthew just stood there with his mouth agape like a cod-fish.

"Ohonhonhon~ Mathieu,  why is your face all red?" Francis asks as he walked up to Matthew. Matthew had asked Francis to pick him up after the date and he was right on time. He had actually been there when Lana kissed Matthew.

Lana sat on the couch and hugged a pillow and squeezed it really hard, trying to contain her squeal. After kissing Matthew she felt extremely happy.

"Aw Benedict,  you should have been there.  Matthew was really sweet and nice and we had a nicd conversation. " The cat could care less about what happened but he was glad that his master was home. "And then I kissed him. It was only on the cheek but still." The cat just looked at her then meowed.

The night continued on with Lana watching the sound of music and Matthew,  at his house thinking of the wonderful night he has had.

Authors note:

I would like for you guys to leave comments,  It inspires me to write more and the more the comments the more I'll feel Like writing.