Chapter 4

^Beta Landon

Everything was still. The birds stopped singing, the leaves stopped rustling, but my heart was thumping in my chest... hard. My head started to spin in circles, I sat on a cold mossy stone beside me, different thoughts whirling around in my mess. Never in my wildest thoughts that I believed Landon was going to react like that. He completely over reacted, although I shouldn't have pushed him either. My stomach tied into several knots, whatever is going on out there, it is bad... really bad.

<>•<>•<>•<>

For the past three days, I continued training with Landon. Since last Wednesday, we haven't spoken or seen each other outside of training. Every day we would battle, but there was no hello or goodbye, just a simple 'you need to be focused, or you will die' or 'your sword skills are lacking, stay on task.' His body was always tensed and angry. But he was hiding something, I could see it deep in his hazel eyes, when I caught him occasionally staring at me. His expression was always sad, erupting chills down my skin whenever I saw him.

No matter what was going on with the leaders of the Amber Pack, later on in the morning I was leaving with the Alpha to learn to be a true Pack warrior. Excited nerves shot through my body, at the thought of shifting for the first time.

"Morning Elora." Laurel knocked on the tent flap. I walked outside to be greeted by her and a small young toddler, the morning air was cool against my skin.

"Morning Laurel, who do we have here?" My voice was sweet to the young toddler beside Laurel. Her light tanned skin, matched her chocolate brown hair cut just below her shoulders as Laurels did. Her eyes were one of the forests, as green as the trees that surrounded the clearing, her cheeks rosey like the pine sap flowers that scattered along the edge of the forest. She was fit into a short dark green dress, that perfectly suited with her eyes.

"This is my little sister Shay, Shay this is Elora" Lauren looked at Shay, sitting a hand on her tiny shoulder.

"Hi Elorie" Her small sweet voice was mumbled, as she hid behind Laurels right leg, peeking from its side.

"We just wanted to say goodbye, before you had to leave with the Alpha." Laurel picked up Shay sitting her against her hip, keeping her wrapped in her long arms. Shays face lit up, she gave a smile, as Landon appeared behind me.

"Landy! Landy!" Squealed Shay stretching her arms in front to try to grab Landon.

"Hey Sweetie." Landon grabbed Shay off of Laurel, she giggled happily as Landon then tickled her.

"Well we best get going then." Laurel took Shay from Landon. He mouthed thank you to her and she gave a quick smile back.

"No I want Landy!" Shay pouted as Laurel held her again.

"Thank you for coming to say goodbye Laurel, and even you Shay. I'll see you guys when I'm back. Goodbye." I waved off to Laurel before turning to Landon.

"Ah... Elora I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped it was just a sensitive 'topic'." He dragged his eyes to the ground, while sliding a single hand through his tousled hair.

"No, Landon it was me, I shouldn't have pushed you." His eyes drew up to mine, butterflies filled my stomach fluttering around in circles.

"Elora I couldn't take it any more, I had to talk to you before you left... The sadness in your eyes every time I saw you broke me." His body was inches away, I could feel the warmth from his skin. I looked up into his eyes, our faces millimetres away. His breath was warm against my shivering skin, as his hand cupped my face.

"Landon! You are needed at the western fence line now." A council member ordered from a tent a couple metres away from mine. Landon stood back waving off to the man. He gave a small smirk and started walking away into the trees.

"Hey Landon! I'll visit you when I'm back." I yelled. Why did this moment have to get ruined, it was the one time I actually wanted something... wanted someone.

"Elora Migina, you are needed at the entrance gate in 5 minutes for your departure with the Alpha." The man ordered, he waved his hand to the path I had to follow to the fence. He tilted his navy blue hat down towards me, and left.

I collected my sword from the tent and a small backpack filled with the items I needed for the trip. This is it, I was going to become what I was born to be.

I was on the rocky path again walking into the green forest, out of the alive pack. The birds sung, and the forest moved with the wind. Butterflies were still soaring around in my stomach, we were right there, so fast in one moment. Yes... fast, was this traveling too fast. My emotions were mixed and confused, I was no longer in control of my own feelings.

I leaned against the fence, clearing my mind of the commotion, and stared up into the giant beautiful trees, they were peaceful, graceful and mysterious. No matter how deep into the forest you are, anything could be behind the trees.

Everything was calm, until I saw him walk around the curved path behind the trees. His perfect icy blue eyes, chiseled jaw, tanned skin and dark chocolate brown hair, gleamed in the warm sunlight. The strong scent of cedar wood and sea salt filled my lungs, as one word was said.

"Mate..."

Hello guys! Sorry to leave you with such an ending, but as we have reached no.23 on the lycan books, I will be releasing an extra celebratory chapter as well today! Thank you guys for all the votes and reads.

Any way... BYE GUYS 👋🏻

RoseyRoses101❤️

(Picture: https://www.bucknell.edu/info-about-attending-bucknell/who-we-are/bucknell-stories/alumni-stories/garrett-neff-07)