Chapter 12

Jays P.O.V

It wasn't long before I noticed Elora was gone. The first thing I did was search through the village before I jumped to conclusions. Everyone was in position or sound asleep, except for Elora and Landon. Of course he would come and get her, and of course she would leave with him. It was moments like this when I was certain my own twin brother will take another mate away from me. I thought I could trust him, but I guess not. Landon was given position as Beta, from my father. He was proud of Landon and I taking hold of pack, and I didn't want to disappoint him by removing Landon. But this is it, he has gone to far.

I sat at one of the chairs of the table in my tent. My head throbbing in the hold of my palms, why does my mate have to do this to me, what have I done to deserve this?My gut churned thinking about what they have done together. And I knew that Elora still had feelings for Landon.

My mind was boggy from the chaos happening all at one time, with my mate wandering off into the forest with my own blood. And a war against kinds happening in five days. I needed to get things sorted. The pack council and I, have achieved a plan to defeat the vampires. But everything was still yet to fall into place. More and more bodies of villages were found dead, without our warriors knowing they were harmed. The vampire Queen Haleth was indeed smart with the shadows.

The war was arranged to begin at noon of the closest Sunday, the night of the full moon. It was strange for a vampire Queen to pick a night on which we were at our strongest.

The eyelids keeping me awake, slowly fell down my eyes. I was exhausted and waiting to see if my Luna was going to be still mine, was draining me more and more. Resting my arms on the table, I laid my head into them, closing my eyes.

The silent sound of the tent flap opening, was enough for me to snap my eyes open and pull up my head. A red face Elora entered the room, her face quickly turned to shock once she saw me awake at the table.

"Did you have a nice time, with Landon." I whispered, my eyes red and puffy.

"Jay it's nothing like that." She whispered back.

"Elora you do not know how hard it is to think that your mate is off with your twin brother." I stared straight into her eyes, her face turned to guilt.

"Well all I can say is that I love you Jay and only you." Her eyes were now filling with tears, but my body was raging with anger.

"Really Elora. Because it doesn't seem like that when you leave me here, without me knowing what's going on. After you were attacked in the forest the other night, by the same species that wants to start a war in five days!" I stood out of my chair, now directly in front of her.

"Jay you do not know what it is like, when a person you had liked before, confesses their feelings to you, then insults your relationship with your mate. If I truely wanted to be with your brother I would have rejected you by now, and never come back to you!" Her yell was just loud enough for the both of us to hear.

"Elora, I loved you the day I met you. And I do know how it feels to leave someone you had feelings for. My previous mate was taken away from me by my own brother, who I thought had changed. Everyday before I met you, I thought about how she would have been Luna once I was crowned Alpha. Landon was the one to threaten our old relationship. And now she's dead!" Eloras face dropped, tears overtaking her eyes.

"Jay, I came back here tonight without Landon because of you. You and I are real, my feelings for Landon were rushed and fake. If you had told me about your other mate, I would have understood everything. You were scared of losing me, and I didn't help you at all. I was awful to you. And I know with the upcoming war, you were stressed, and I should have helped. Tomorrow, we will sit at this table, with the council and we will work this out together. And trust me Landon is forever gone, I want nothing to do with that tool." Her voice was sharp, serous yet reassuring. I knew I could trust her, my one and only Luna.

<>•<>•<>•<>

The next morning was one of the most important days of battle strategy.

"Alpha Jay, what is the recent news on the battle of species." Elder Dom boomed from across the table. Everyone including Elora, stared waiting for a response.

"Well by outside packs, it has been confirmed the Queen herself will be joining in on the battle." I replied.

"So the outside pack Alphas, are in to support the battle with us?" Dom questioned.

"Yes it has been confirmed also that we weren't the only ones with villages tampered by Queen Haleth. They want revenge." My voice was stern on my last word.

"Did you say Queen Haleth?" Elora questioned.

"Yes, why?" I was confused on why she was asking this.

"I used to know a girl with that name, but it can't be her. The village was certain she was dead." Elora bit her lip, and swam deep into her own thoughts.

"Just a minute, tell me more about this girl."  Council Dan, asked ruffling his  black beard with his hands.

"Well, uh, theres nothing really to tell you. Haleth and I were best friends since we were toddlers, and everyday we would explore the forest around the village together. She used to tell the village children about vampires as scary stories. That was until we were playing in the forest together one day, and she went to get some blueberries from a nearby bush, and she never came back. I searched the forest for her, but I was only ten. It was declared she was dead after she was missing for a year." Eloras eyes began to tear up, I comforted her with my hand in hers.

"Elora, I must say that we think you know who our 'Queen' is..." Elder Dom boomed, Eloras face was filled with shock, that not only her best friend was alive.

But she was our most hated enemy...

Hey guys! Please tell me what you think about the different POV. I thought I would try it out. Don't forget to VOTE!

THANK YOU!

RoseyRoses101❤️

(Photo: https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/two-young-girls-play-in-a-forest-in-upper-peninsula-picture-id50660174?k=6&m=50660174&s=612x612&w=0&h=dmSTaUBSzD2I60A93_sy8PJ06nK1Bwh4KPoGId-RZIc=)