Chapter 13

Laurel ^

Eloras P.O.V

My mind was practically blown, at the thought of Haleth as Vampire Queen. And the idea that she was alive at all. Jays strong soft hands comforted mine, as my mind was still racing in front of everyone.

"Elora, do you remember anything suspicious or strange about Haleth when you were children?" Elder Dom asked, lifting his eyebrows in interest.

"Well ah, there would be little things, like she could get the forest to listen to her. Not really listen to her, but she had this strange thing where she could control the animals." I was in deep thought now, it was eight years ago. It was hard to remember almost every detail of our days in the forest together.

"So their Queen has always had a gift of some sort?" Council Stephanie was also intrigued now.

"Yes, she has always had the ability to somehow control minds of others. We were both spooked at first when were young children. But eventually it just became a way to get our way with the villagers, as we got older." My voice was much more confident, everything was starting to rush back to me.

"It is known for Many other species to have supernatural abilities, this doesn't prove that we have our Queen." Council Gordon, pointed out.

"Don't be an idiot! Look at all the facts!" Elder Dom raged, slamming a fist onto the table, making everyone jump. "We have our Queen and this is final! Do you agree Alpha?!"

"Yes, we must have faith in this decision. No questions are to be asked otherwise." Confirmed Jay.

"Now, battle formations must be finalised today. We have no time to mess around." Instructed Jay. "Every warrior, and willing males and females, are required to fight at late noon Sunday. Commander Laurel, will lead alongside myself and the Luna, down to the Lake Fields with the army, at midday of the war. The other packs surrounding the Amber Forest will arrive at dawn tomorrow, their warriors will stay at the Warrior Training Grounds and their families, will fill our vacant tents, or bring their own. All Elders and council members, are required to keep on track with any new information about the battle. Myself and my new Beta Kai, will be staying down at the training grounds, working with the warriors and the Commander. Lastly the Luna will be in charge of organising the outer packs into their temporary homes." Jay clutched his hands on the table. My mouth flew open, I was surprised that Jay would give me an important task, in fact a task at all. But I knew he would understand that I would want a task, as Amber Pack Luna. And Jay had successfully delivered.

<>•<>•<>•<>

I decided to finally push all my other dramas and worries aside, to take a long needed visit to my good friend Laurel, before she was further pushed into this battle more. I knew for sure, Laurel was going to be down at the archery targets, so that's exactly where I headed.

"Hey commander!" I yelled a few feet away, as the word commander flew from my mouth, so did the arrow hitting the bullseye, from Laurels intricate bow.

"DAMN GIRL!" It was like my jaw was hanging by a thread. Laurel gave a small chuckle, put down her bow, and jogged over to me.

"What are you doing here?" Her expression was slightly surprised.

"I came to say thank you for the other night, and to see a friend before we got more involved in the battle plans." Laurels face melted to a smile, she was glad to see me.

"It's no biggy, I was out hunting that night when I heard it."

"Well, it is a biggy, because without you I would probably be dead." I said, placing my hands into my hips.

"Nah, you would have been ok if you had two swords on hand. The Alpha had said your quite the two handed, when it comes to fighting." Laurel exclaimed. I blushed, thinking that Jay said I was a pro when it come to two sword fighting. Not to boast, but damn I was good at it, like Laurel with her bow.

"Thanks, not to bad yourself with your bow." I replied, trying not to make it all about me for once.

"Well I wouldn't be pack Commander, if I couldn't shoot like a god!" Chuckled Laurel.

We both had a good laugh about our skills of fighting. It was good to be able to talk to another girl about things, for I had not in so long. I talked to her about the other night with Landon, which made her uneasy so I stopped talking about it quickly. I guess Laurel wasn't the one to discuss boy issues with. We moved onto talking about what was going to happen if we won the war, or in worse cases lost. Laurel was very confident in talking about this, obviously this was her forte.

"Want to learn how to shoot?" Out of no where, the question came from Laurels mouth.

"Ahh sure, it can't be that hard." I laughed, I knew this was going to end badly already, or so I thought.

"She'll be right." Laurel led me up towards the targets, handing me her bow. She demonstrated how to hold it, and get the arrow into shooting position.

"Ok so you want to aim at the target, obviously... And on the count of three, release." She instructed.

"Ok, I've got this." I replied back, my eyes were squinted. My body was still, filled to the top with concentration.

"...1" Laurel started the count down, my head was so focused, I blocked out everything but my count down to go.

"...2" I pulled the arrow back, ready to go.

"...3!"

I flung the arrow as hard as I could, adrenaline flying through my body into my tensed arms. The arrow flew through the air, straight and precise. It was going to make it, it was going to hit that dreaded target.

Then there was the sound of the arrow impaling the target.

"AHHHHHHH!" The scream of someone shrieked through the air.

I had hit a target, but not the right one...

Hello! I hope you enjoyed the story and don't forget to VOTE! Please comment, if you want future chapters with different POV.

THANK YOU👋🏻

RoseyRoses101❤️

(Photo: http://northforker.com/event/archery-demonstration/)