Chapter 11

"Landon what the hell are you doing here! Jay will freak if you woke him up!" I shout whispered, I tightly wrapped the robe around me, crossing my arms.

"I know, that's why you need to come with me." He whispered back, waving a hand for me to follow him. I looked into Jays tent one last time. I know it was really bad leaving him for Landon.

"Ok but we need to be quick, before he notices I'm gone and sends out a search party." I whispered. We snuck through the village behind all the tents. Acting one with the shadows.

"Landon, where are we going?" I asked, curious to why we were entering the dangerous forest again. Jay would kill me if he knew I went into the forest again, and not only would Jay be fearful for my life, but I was shaking at the thought of being in the forest again.

"Somewhere, don't worry your safe with me... I promise." His whisper was reassuring and comforting, my body eased.

We eventually came to a beautiful lake, reflecting the crescent moon perfectly. The night sky was filled with twinkling bright stars, and the crescent moon glistened above the surrounding trees. Landon laid down a small cotton sheet onto the grass, at the tip of the lakes water.

"Elora come sit with me." Landon patted on the sheet beside him. I slowly walked over to him, and sat with my legs crossed, overlooking the picturesque lake.

"What are we doing here? The forest isn't safe anymore." I wanted to know why he had brought me out into the forest in the middle of the night. And why here...

"You know that the forest is safe, I mean, look at this beautiful lake, it's not crawling with darknesses that want to eat you. And besides, it's not the forest that isn't safe... It's those stupid blood suckers." Landon's voice was annoyed but patient.

"Yeah I guess, but I would never trust the forest that same after what happened that night." I clenched my chest, as pain washed over it, thinking about it.

"Hey that wasn't your fault, you couldn't have known. And It was my fault that it happened, I shouldn't have ran off and ignored you. I should have stayed in the meeting and dealt with my brother. I should have been more understanding, I should have stayed and talked to you afterwards, like I'm going to do tonight. Elora It was me that did this, don't think this was because of you." Landon's stare left the lake and locked with mine.

"Well I am going to blame you anyway, because the look I get from Jay every time I get up, is scary. And not to mention I almost died." We both laughed for a moment, the moon shining down on our faces. We stared into each other's eyes, grins passed from one to another.

"Elora I have to tell you something." Landon's face turned serious but peaceful, underneath the night sky.

"Ok, what is it?" Butterflies flew wildly in my stomach, I had no idea what he was going to tell me.

"You know how at the meeting, I said I was looking for something in the forest the night I killed that vampire?" Landon's stare intensified, as he waited for me to answer.

"Of course, how could I forget that great meeting." I replied sarcastically, with a playful grin across my face.

"Well I was really looking for you that night..." His voice was soft and so was his face, his hazel brown eyes shining in the moonlight.

"Why?.." Was the only word I could squeeze out. I knew what he was about to tell me, but I need him to prove I am right.

"Elora, I really like you. And I know you're mated to my brother, and I know that you like me too somewhere in your heart." Landon slowly pulled closer to me,
I wasn't shocked, I knew this was coming. And he was right about everything.

"Landon, I have feelings for you to... strong feelings. But as you said I'm with your brother." His face lit up and fell at the same time.

"You have time Elora, you obviously haven't marked him." His voice was pleading.

"Landon this isn't going to work. I wanted to so badly in the beginning, but Jay has done so much for me. And I'm going to be crowned Luna, I can't leave now. I have strong feelings for him too, and I can't leave him as a mate." I stood up quickly, getting up off the blanket as soon as I could.

Landon quickly grabbed my hand stopping me from leaving. "But our feelings are real. You and Jay are just instincts."

I snatched away my hand, how dare he say that Jay and I don't have real feelings.

"I can't believe I almost fell for a guy like you! Why would you say that!" I yelled at him. I started to run back towards camp. I will not let boys do this to me.

"Elora! Jay is not who you think he is, your not his first!" Landon's unsettling statement, rocked through my head, as I dashed away back into the forest.

This cannot be happening...

Hey Guys! Thanks for reading and don't forget to VOTE! Sorry I haven't published in a couple of days, I've just been very busy.

Thank you! 👋🏻

RoseyRoses101❤️

(Photo: https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g316000-d10358879-i244516866-Viridian_Skies-Newton_Stewart_Dumfries_and_Galloway_Scotland.html)