Chapter 8

^Elora

Running through the magical forest trees as my lycan, was a thousand times better than the open fields. The exhilaration of leaping over logs and stones, and weaving between the large stumps, intoxicated my body.

Jays midnight wolf sprinted beside me, his black glossy hair slick in the wind. I felt stronger and faster, gliding through the wind with Jay. His presence was warm and comfortable. We were headed straight for the Pack grounds, ready to solve whatever was kidnaping the villages and renew justice for the forest.

"Having fun there El" Jay said laughing at the sight of the red wet tongue sticking out of my mouth.

"I'm sorry, I've just seen dogs to it so I thought I might give it a try." I deeply blushed a dark beetroot colour, pulling my tongue back into my mouth.

"It's was cute, it suited you really well actually." Jay picked up his pace, urging me to follow.

"What do you mean it suited me." I replied sarcastically.

"Well it really suits your fun personality." Jay looked back and smiled at me, his ears straight up in the air.

"Well thank you" My voice was soft and relieved, I'm glad he didn't think I was some stupid dog or something.

We carried on further into the forest kingdom, about ten minutes away from the pack. If felt as if we were running for days non stop, exhaustion slowly started to creep into my body.

Suddenly, my ears pricked up and my nose clenched. A horrid smell spread through out my nostrils, it was a combination of rotten eggs, and marathon runner sneakers. I halted to a stop, and so did Jay.

"Do you smell that?" I held my nose up into the air, trying to decipher where the awful smell was leaking from.

"ER WHAT REEKS!" Jay yelped, pushing his nose under his muddy paws.

"I don't know.." I whispered back, I began to follow the scent, the smell became worse as I got closer and closer to it. Jay followed behind, still trying to cover his nose every chance he had along the way. Until we arrived... I slowly wondered, behind the large stone, until I saw it laying there dead.

It was ghostly white, it's body was mangled and torn to shreds, thick black blood oozing from what was left of its body.

"Jay... come here." Panic arose in my voice, as Jay slowly crept around the stone beside me. His face crumpled up at its ugly sight.

"Vampire..." Jays voice was serious, I knew he wasn't lying.

"It couldn't be." I whimpered, the thought of vampires in lycan territory, ten minutes away from pack grounds, shook me too the bone. The suns rays lit up the cold ones face, illuminating its knife like fangs. Dark pools of black covered its eyes, staring wide open into the trees above. Just the sight of it shot horrific chills down my spine, to the tip of my tail.

"What are we going to do with it?" I whispered to Jay my voice fuelled with fear. 

"Well from the looks of it, someone from the pack has already dealt with it. I'll try to cover it with branches and leaves to hide it until we come back." He instructed.

"Uhh... will that work so well though?" I was skeptical to see if he could actually hide the reeking vampire. Jay gathered some nearby shrubs, branches and leaves and strategically placed them onto the body next to the giant stone.

"All done, now we better get moving to the pack to investigate this further... and fast." We both sped off into the forest again, speeding towards the pack.

<>•<>•<>•<>

"Alpha, What are you doing back so early? I figured that your circumstances with the Luna, you would have increased your stay." A busty soldier stood confused in front of Jay, waiting for his Alphas response.

"The Pack is in danger, I need you to round up all the warriors and guard the Pack perimeter. Also I need all your best warriors down at the village, obviously the human guards aren't strong enough to protect it." Jays voice was stern, serious and powerful all at the same time, as he instructed his soldier. The soldier quickly dashed towards the warrior tent, his silver army clinking together as he ran. 

"Come with me." He grabbed my hand in his, as we ran to the Pack leader tent. Everyone had stopped and stared at Jay and I holding hands. It was like time had frozen, and we were the only ones able to move. I deeply blushed, until Jay smacked open the flap to his tent. He stormed inside dragging me along beside him.

"Alpha Aldith what's the meaning of this." The oldest elder boomed from across the table.

In the centre of the tent was a large wooden circular table, many council members, Pack elders, sat around the table... and so did Landon. His eyes fell down to look at Jays and my hand, his hazel eyes filled darkness and his normally happy smirk was nonexistent. He looked back down at his hands resting on the table. My stomach filled with bile, and my eyes began to water. Jay tightly squeezed my hand, figuring out what was going on.

"My Luna and I have found the body of a mauled Vampire, ten minutes away from the pack in the forest. Does anyone care to explain what had happened." Jay spoke in a high manner, the way a proper Alpha would speak.

"I did" Landon snarled from across the room. "I was out searching for something in the forest, when he came out of no where and attacked me. So I did the job."

"And it didn't come to mind to hide the body brother!?" Jay yelled back.

"In a matter of fact no! At least I wasn't hiding away with the Luna while the whole forest is under attack!" Landon screamed back, his eyes filled with rage and sadness. He stormed out of the tent, leaving the whole room in silence. A strong tug immediately retched at my heart strings. Tears streamed down my face as let Jay go, and sprinted out of the tent.

"LANDON STOP!" I screamed, my own tears choking my lungs.

It was too late...
Landon was gone.

Thanks everyone for reading chapter 7 sorry it was published so late, it's been a busy day. Don't forget to VOTE!

BYE👋🏻

RoseyRoses101❤️

(Picture: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/13/13/29/1313290b3dd6d08d56b51551f30d204d.jpg)