Chapter 16

"So Tiffany, what pack are you from?" I thought that it was quite strange how no one really knew much about the young girl or her father.

"Well my mother and father were originally from a rogue pack, then moved to the outskirts of Pack Blue Waters, to be under the safety of their Alpha." Her voice started to slowly become sadder. I hadn't ever heard of 'Pack Blue Waters' before, but then again Jay might have recently discovered it.

"Oh ok, if you don't mind me asking, where's your mother?" I had to speak a little louder as we walked through everyone's campsites. It had been an extremely long day, and night had only began to fall. I was still yet to see Jay before Landon's full moon funeral.

"My mother died when I was six. She was kidnapped and murdered by vampires sent by the rogue pack as revenge. That's when my father became a warrior as he wanted to return that revenge." She replied, for a girl her age she knew quite a lot.

"Now I understand. Well don't worry my parents passed as well, and so did one of my best friends..." My heart and my stomach fell to their bottoms in synch, thinking about my parents awful death, and Landon's poisoning and cruel torture,  It made me want to curl into a ball and cry. I was really impressed how such a young girl could hold herself together.

We finally made it to Jay and I's tent. Tiffany's face was in awe as she admired how big it was.

"Wow! This is so cool." By the looks of the huge grin on her face I could tell she was super excited to be staying. I took her inside and gave a quick tour of the tent.

"And this is where you will sleep." I showed her a small bedroom, half the size of Jays. With a single bed and bedside table. It had a small blue rug laid across the floor, and one hanging light. I had only ever come into this room once. It mostly reminded me of the tent I was given before I moved in with Jay. It was exactly the same, as if Landon was going to visit at any moment... but I know he's not going too.

We stayed and talked for a while, I told Tiff how everyone was going to Landon's funeral tonight and how we must go. Everyone's chatter from outside grew, as the full moon began to rise. The funeral was happening soon, I gathered some things and changed into a long flowing black dress, it fitted just right and was gorgeous. I tied the outfit together wth my moon stone pendent that my parents gave me and matching earrings Jay had given as a gift. Tiffany decided to stay in the tent until the actual funeral, she said she had some things to do and wanted to get settled in. I left though the crowd of people, straight to the moon temple.

The full moons white glow, lit up the dark forest, erupting it alive with nocturnal life. The moon temple stood tall glistening under the light, it was the most amazing temple I have ever seen. It was covered in pearlescent and monochrome tiles, coloured blue, purples and golds. And at the opening of the temple, was a large full moon held by a beautiful goddess.

Landon's funeral was held in such a special place, as Jay thought he had deserved it as role of Beta. But I honestly think he did it, as Landon was his twin brother... Which I thought suited perfectly. My stomach churned as I edged closer the midnight black casket, it lay peacefully on a long silver bench, under many engraved moon markings in the walls. It was only something I've seen out of books. But this was a true Amber Pack Beta Funeral.

"Elora..." I frantically turned around. I was so zoned into my own little admirations and grief that I didn't notice Jay walking in... and he kinda scared me, when Landon's dead body was right in front of me.

"Oh, hey." My voice was soft, I moved walked closer to Jay.

"I'm sorry for this morning, it was just a long night." He scratched the nape of his neck. I pulled his hands back and held them in mine, he was shaking.

"No Jay, don't be sorry. I know what it feels like. And your right, it was a long night. That's why I gave you space and dropped off your stuff this morning." His shaking calmed and a small sad grin appeared on his face.

"Thankyou..." Jay embraced me, softly hugging my body. It was like he craved for more... more attention... more of my time.   That's when my feeling of regret seeped deep into my heart.

Jay and I cleared a few things up before the funeral, and I discussed how Tiffany was staying with us. He didn't mind her staying, as he thought of it as thanks, for her father participating in the war. Many crowds of people piled up beside the temple, onlooking onto the coffin, myself, Elder Dom, Laurel and Jay. So that's when we began.

"Sadly last night, our dearest and beloved Beta passed, as a result of an unforgiving death... Poisoning and murder." Elder Dom's voice boomed amongst the crowds awkward chatters and stares. Elder Dom was about to talk, but was interrupted.

"Is it true that your Luna murdered the beta, because she was jealous of the Betas mate ship, with the commander?" My jaw was no longer hanging from my head, it was to the floor. How on earth did they find out I shot him? And how did they find out Landon was mates with Laurel? And not to mention my accusation of murder on my best friend! It was true that word does spread fast.

"No this is not true. Luna had nothing to do with the death. And if this unruly comment is to be heard of, prepare to pack your things" Jay growled, his blood at boiling point. But they were right, I did have something to do with his death, and Jay knew it deep down as well. The crowd began to rumble into loud chatters and gasps. That's when I began to weep, as they were quieted down by the warriors.

<>•<>•<>•<>

After an hour of small speeches from Landon's friends and council members, it was finally my turn. I stood up onto the platform, above the crowd. I took in a deep breath, than began to speak.

"Beta Landon, was one of the most precious, happy and friendliest person, anyone could have met. He was kind, and looked after myself when I first came, and his beloved community which he called family." My eyes began to swell, and my voice began to shallow.
"The Beta was an amazing warrior himself and coach. And without his awful fighting tactics, I wouldn't be where I'm standing now." I gave a small laugh, that erupted small laughter from the crowd.
"He and his mate Laurel were meant to be, and I am blessed to have had such amazing friendships with both. Especially when they saved my life, which I could never fully repay them for. It is greatly saddening to see their relationship, end so fast, and I give all my condolences to Laurel and her family." I turned to see Laurel shredding tears rapidly, and little Shay balling her little eyes too.

"And that concludes my speech, no matter how long he has gone, or that his presence is no longer. Landon will be reborn, once again. Mark. My. Words." It was like 1000kg had been lifted off my shoulders, it felt nice saying my peace, and I know that Landon would have appreciated it too.

Jay said his speech, then as the full moon hit the coffin, the bright blue stones it was  covered in glittered in the night. It was told that Landons coffin was to stay, on the bench under the full moon til Morning, to complete the funeral. We said a short prayer to mother moon, and said our goodbyes.

I felt Jays hand enclose over mine, his touch was soft and gentle. He turned towards me, he lifted my chin, and repeated my words.

"And he shall be reborn again... Mark. My. Words..."

Thanks for reading! Sorry it was such a long chapter. And it took my some days to write it. Anyway, don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

BYE! 👋🏻

RoseyRoses101❤️

(Photo; https://amp.livescience.com/61303-full-wolf-moon-supermoon.html)