1

"Tony, this is insane!"

"Listen, kid, you'll be fine. You don't even need to pass!"

Aurora looked at Tony as if she could honestly kill him right now.

"I can't believe you. Why do you want me to spy on this kid for you?"

"He got some powers recently and I don't know if he quite knows how to use them. I need you to make sure he doesn't fuck up the city." Tony pulled up his phone and showed her a video of a kid in a hoodie swinging around New York, fighting local crimes.

Aurora groaned. "I didn't go through a troubled childhood with lots of trauma to be a babysitter, ya know."

"I'm glad you're on board, you start tomorrow!"

With that, Tony was gone. And unbelievably frustrating. Truly, unbelievably, incredibly infuriating sometimes.

A school for science and technology. Well, she thought at the entrance of the school, at least I'm good with tech

She looked at her schedule, seeing mostly core classes. There was obviously English, science, math, and history. She had just turned 16 (which was true), just came from rural upstate, a freshman in high school, and is going to be pre-med in college.

Her schedule was the same as a 15-year-old boy named Peter Parker. Spider-whatever. Kid? Boy? Man? She wasn't sure, but it also really didn't matter. 

She went to her locker (down the same hall as Peter) and looked at it, realizing that she didn't have any books. Why would she need her locker? Ignoring the locker, she looked around and made her way toward Peter.

"Um, hi," she said sheepishly. "I'm new here, and I've never been in a school this big. I'm so lost, do you think you could show me around at least to first hour?"

"Oh! Sure," he smiled friendly to her. He was a little amazed that a girl just approached him, but he rolled with it. "I, uh, let me see your schedule." She quickly pulled the paper out of her backpack and handed it over. "Oh, wow! This is crazy, we have, like, all the same classes."

"Oh, no way!" She smiled. "Let's go then! What's first?"

"Uh, it's—ah, French."

"Let's go! Lead the way," she gave him a friendly smile.

"So it's French, Bio, gym, english, history, Math?"

"Exactly! Good job," he nodded as they sat at a lunch table. She's been introduced to Ned, Peter's best friend.

"Hi, I'm Aurora, but you can call me Rory if you want," she nodded.

"Where're you from?" Ned asked.

"This little farming town upstate."

"Do you like it here so far? In the city, I mean."

"Yeah!" she smiled at Peter. "There's a lot more to do here, definitely. Public transportation is nice, I don't have to worry about parking so much."

"You drive?" Ned asked with wide eyes.

"I have a license," she shrugged. "I turned sixteen in August."

"Oh, cool. I turn 16 this school year," Ned smiled.

"That's cool!"

"So does that mean you have a car?"

She shrugged. "I mean, I share one. But yeah I drive a car."

"That's awesome."

"Really?" She asked the two. "Where do you even need to drive here? Everything is in the city."