20

"That kid's gonna have to start wearing a cup around you."

"I'm so close to dumping you out of your wheelchair," Aurora snapped her head toward Rhodey.

"It's kinda funny," Tony commented and handed both of them a coffee mug. Rhodey's has coffee in it while Aurora's has water.

"I get water and he gets coffee?"

"You can't have coffee." Aurora raised an eye brow. "You're only on soft foods in your diet."

"Coffee is liquid. That's, like, really soft."

Rhodey pressed his lips into a thin line, looking away and trying not to laugh.

"Just chill the hell out. Next time I'm giving you a sippy cup, too."

Aurora rolled her eyes.

"For real, though, maybe you should stick to the sex that has internal genitalia. That way when you beat the hell out of them you won't damage their ability to have kids."

"He's fine," Aurora rolled her eyes. "He's just being a baby."

"Or he got a nut-tap from someone with super-soldier abilities," Rhodey shrugged. Tony pointed at him in agreement.

"He'll be fine. Maybe he shouldn't surprise me and he won't get hit."

"I mean, the last two out of three time he's seen you... wait how'd he surprise you?"

Ah, fuck, she thoughy.

"He snuck up on me, is all."

"Are you lying?"

"No!"

"She's definitely lying," Rhodey shook his head.

She wasn't lying. She just wasn't telling them the whole story.

"Lying is bad, Rory," Tony raised an eyebrow.

"You don't have a high-horse much higher than mine."

"Rhodey, help me out."

"Rory, we won't be mad."

"I'm so fucking sick of you. Get married if you're gonna act like two dads."

"What'd he do?"

Aurora rolled her eyes.

"Kid," tony put a hand on her shoulder. "We'll stop. What happened?"

Tony could see the frustration growing on her face and put a stop to everything. He's been told to treat her like normal, which was teasing, but he didn't want to make her too upset.

"He kissed me!" She blurted.

"What?" Tony asked with eyes the size of dinner plates. He didn't know what he was expecting, but it wasn't that.

"Shit," Rhodey mumbled. "I'm gonna give you some space," he said before leaving.

"The idiot kissed me," Aurora looked at Tony.

"And you didn't like it?"

"He surprised me! He knows I can't do surprises."

"Does he?"

"Well, He should."

"I love you, kid, but you can't expect him to know everything. Have you told him everything?"

"Almost," she shrugged.

"So not all. You can't expect him to know."

Aurora purses her lips and sat in silence. "I don't know how I feel about it."