21

Aurora spent the next week or so helping Shuri in Wakanda.

Now FRIDAY was on autopilot back to the compound when the girl slipped her headset off and pulled out her phone.

It rang, then rang, then rang some more before hearing a robotic voice tell her to leave a voicemail.

"Hey, I know you're busy. We've made some real improvements on Bucky though, I just want to keep you in the loop and whatever. When you're free give me a call, I need to just talk to someone."

She sighed and hung up, putting the headset back on.

"Hey," Aurora greeted and hit answer on her phone.

"Did I wake you up?" Steve asked. Aurora snorted and laid across the couch. "It was worth a shot. What's up?" He added with a little laugh.

"I just want to update you on Bucky..."

Another two hours later Steve let her go, feeling a little guilty. He always could tell when he called that she just wanted to talk to someone about life in general,

"Wait," she said before they said goodbye.

"Yeah?"

He heard her take a deep breath. "I need to find that school in Siberia."

"Why? It's probably abandoned."

"I want the rest of whatever I was given. I know I wasn't given all of it, I want to the rest."

"You sound insane."

"Maybe I am, but I'm sick of not knowing what's in it and I... feel incomplete. If that makes sense. You got it all at once, so did Bucky. But I feel like I just need it to be me."

"You sound like a drug addict."

Aurora rolled her eyes and bit into the banana she'd retrieved earlier in the night.

"Steve, think about it. I'm not at my full potential. Plus, we don't know, maybe if I got the rest my emotions would be leveled out and I'd stop being so erratic. You know?"

"I gotcha. It'd be dangerous though."

"Don't think it's more dangerous than what I'm doing now."

"I'll think about it," he sighed. "Don't do anything stupid until I agree, okay?"

"How can I? All the stupid is with you."

Steve rolled his eyes and said goodbye.

With that, Aurora headed for the lab.

"Have you been here all night?" Tony asked with a yawn.

"Are you going to be upset if I say yes?"

"A little."

"The no, I got awesome sleep."

"Aurora!" He cried and turned the monitor she was at off. "You're gonna, like, burn out your eyes. You know I can't give you a new suit if you keep doing this, right?"

"You made me a new suit?!" She cried and jumped up.

"Oh god," he mumbled into his hands.

"Where is it? I wanna see!"

He sighed, knowing that he couldn't hide it now. Opening some compartment in the wall Aurora had never known was there, her new suit was sitting on a mannequin.

It was awesome. It was similar to the previous one, but better. It was all black, and when she touched it she felt the padding under the fabric in crucial areas.