11

"You know we're fucked, right?" Clint snorted.

Aurora pushed against her handcuffs weakly. "Hey," she waved an officer down. "I need some fucking stitches or you're gonna have to send my body back to Tony. I promise, you don't wanna send Tony a body bag."

"'My father will hear about this,'" Clint mocked.

"Did you just use a Harry Potter reference on me?"

"You know about Harry Potter? Damn, it ain't been that long since we found you."

"Clint, shut the hell up," Sam spat. "We just need to get through with little difficulties. Keep your head down and stay quiet."

"It's my coping mechanism."

"Coping with what?" Wanda asked curiously and lowly.

"I don't know," he sighed sarcastically and looked back at her. "Maybe the fact that I'm never going to see my kids or my wife again."

"Hey!" A woman yelled from across the room. "Settle down. We're getting you through booking right now." Aurora and Clint had just gotten their pictures taken, the other two were getting that now. Currently Clint and Aurora's information was being put into the system.

"Come on," a man grabbed Aurora and led her to a table.

"Not even a medical room? Sophisticated."

"You're a war criminal, you don't get to have luxuries."

"Medical care, such a luxury. We love America."

"Shut the hell up," the guard said threateningly before waiting by the door.

The doctor didn't introduce herself, just pulled out the suture kit and went to work.

"Woah, you're not gonna use anesthetics?" she asked and tried to push herself further away while staying on the small table

"It's inhumane to not use anesthetics," Wanda commented with concern and a hint of anger from the line they were being held in.

"Did we fucking ask for your opinion?" the guard moved toward her. Aurora noticed the girl was in some sort of harness, powerless. "If I want advice from a fucking foreign mutant, I'll ask."

"Hey!" Aurora yelled at him, almost sitting up but being held down by another set of arms. She tried to defend Wanda, but couldn't as the amount of pain in her side doubled and she wished she'd never have asked for treatment.

Aurora heard Clint clapping. Tony was spotted walking, looking for his friends' cells.

"You should've thought of them before you chose the wrong side."

Aurora had heard Clint talking to Tony, and that threw her over the edge. She shouted in pain when she stood up too fast.

"'Wrong side'? What the hell is wrong with you?"

Tony appeared in front of her. "I didn't want you in here. You're the one that broke the law."

"The law I never agreed to."

"That sucks, it's still the law. I didn't think they'd put you here."

"Some laws are meant to be broken. Remember segregation? They should've just followed the law, kept white people pure!"

"That's not--"

"It is the same thing, Tony. You just don't see it. You're rich, you always have been, so you get out of everything. That's how it is."

"No, I follow--"

"The law? Yeah, right. Okay. Sure. You're full of shit!" She yelled at him and kicked the clear material in front of her. Tony backed up  a little in surprise. He could tell she was mad--no, furious. After a moment she continued. "At least I have the moral high ground here. I'm with people who care about me. Who don't want to see something like HYDRA happen again, who have seen the devastating effects of it!"