18

Peter
So what are we?

Aurora rolled her eyes and picked up her phone while pacing the living room, almost in a square pattern.

Aurora
Depends on if you still hate me.

Peter
I don't

Aurora
Then friends? Acquaintances? Up to you.

Peter
Can we just start over as friends? Put everything behind us?

Aurora
Other than the fact that you know I'm part super-soldier and I know you're part spider? Sure.

Peter
Lol, sounds like a plan to me.

"We should move you to the compound," Tony announced and took Aurora's phone out of her hand as he walked by. "Get the fuck off of this, your eyes haven't left it once since you got back."

"I missed a lot!" she defended herself.

"How are your eyes not raisins yet?"

"It's called eye drops, stupid."

"Damn Gen Z-ers," he sat down. "Outsmarting us all. Seriously, though, we need to move you to the compound for safety."

"Ugh."

"It's for your safety."

"I know."

Aurora sighed and stared out the window. "You'll have more space, too. Basically a whole society."

"With no one there in the middle of nowhere."

"Rhodey's there."

"Why?"

"Rehab. I'm developing a way fro him to walk again. Plus, the labs are more updated than here. It'll be a couple weeks. You have a lot of shit to pack up. Why're you pacing?"

"What?"

"You're pacing. Why?"

"Oh," she stopped. "I don't...I don't know. I guess that all I had to do in RAFT, so I'm just...it's supid, I know."

"It's not stupid."

Aurora rolled her eyes and turned on the TV.

"Get off of the screens!" Tony cried and took the remote from her. "Read a damn book or something."

Aurora gave him a look. "I don't think I know what a physical book feels like anymore."

Tony picked up a book from shelf nearby and tossed it to her. "Quantum physics?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Get you better at science." Aurora made a gagging noise.

"Shoudln't I know... regular physics first?"

Tony rolled his eyes nad handed her a different book. "THere. You happy? Elementary physics, jut for you."

She made another gagging noise.

"Shut up and read the damn book. You know everything else, might as well work to know everything."

"ince you're making me do this," she sighed and opened the book up, "I'm making you read a textbook on color theory next."

"Good try. I'm not in recovery right now, I don't have the time."

"What're you doing that's so important?"

"Building you a new suit, idiot. Yours is ruined and can be mproved a lot"

It had to be close to midnight when Aurora decided to go up to bed.