Chapter 8

When I was little, I used to watch movies where a girl forgot to breath because she was too surprised. I thought that they were stupid, like who forgets how to breath? However, I was that girl in the movie when Mike asked me out. He squeezed my hand lightly, making me snap back in to reality. What should I say? Yes. No. Why not?   Because it's too early, you just met this guy! So? I got to know him today. Still, but maybe he's lying about his past? He's not. Just say yes! No! Don't. And as you can see my inner fighting wasn't really helping. Who am I kidding? It's confusing me even more! I stared at his crystal blue eyes and let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry but... okay." I smiled widely at his shocked expression.

"Really?" he asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, why not." I replied. And with that, he placed his hands on my waist and spun me around in the air.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Trust me, you'll not regret giving me this chance." he practically screamed.

"I sure hope so. Now lower your voice people are staring." I shushed him, I think he muttered a 'sorry' under his breath. We got back to the car and our clothes have dried but my hair was still wet so, I put it in a ponytail.

              There was an awkward silence between us and the only voice that was heard was the woman's from the car's GPS guiding us back to my dorm. A few minutes later, Mike cleared his throat catching my attention.

"So when are you free this week?" he asked. First, I didn't really understand his question but I cought on pretty fast. He was talking about our date.

"Well classes start on Friday and it's currently Sunday. Until then, I'm completely free."

"Okay great so Wednesday?"

"That would be good" I gave him a small smile which he returned. After that, we talked about our classes, thank God I mentioned them. I felt my eyes getting heavy and the next thing I know, I was falling asleep in the car.

-------------when they arrive------             "Maya wake up we're here." I heard a voice calling me and a hand shaking my shoulder.

"A few more minutes" I mumbled incoherently. Suddently, I felt like I'm getting carried away. Wow two times in one day. I flutter my eyes open so I could see who it is. And it isn't except for the one and only Mike umm. Maybe it is early I don't even know his last name.

"Put me down" I whined. But he didn't respond, just shook his head smirking.

"Mike... I don't know your last name put me down right now." I raised my voice. What can I say? I'm a grumpy person when I wake up.

"Its Anthony. And yours is?" He completly ignored the command I was giving him.

"I won't tell you until you put me back on the ground."

"Then too bad I won't know it because I'm not letting you go until we arrive at your dorm." People were starting to give us weird looks just like the beach. Great!